Bump-Fire Stock Ban

Well, it looks like it's more than just bump-fire that they are targeting, formatting is a bit off but you get the picture: https://curbelo.house.gov/uploadedfiles/finalbumpstockban.pdf

(Original Signature of Member)

115TH CONGRESS

1ST SESSION H. R. ll

To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession,

or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed

and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but

does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, and for

other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Mr. CURBELO of Florida (for himself and Mr. MOULTON) introduced the following

bill; which was referred to the Committee on

lllllllllllllll

A BILL

To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture,

possession, or transfer of any part or combination

of parts that is designed and functions to increase

the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not

convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, and

for other purposes.

1 Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representa

2tives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

1 SECTION 1. PROHIBITION ON MANUFACTURE, POSSESSION,

2 OR TRANSFER OF ANY PART OR COMBINA

3TION OF PARTS THAT IS DESIGNED AND

4 FUNCTIONS TO INCREASE THE RATE OF FIRE

5 OF A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE BUT DOES NOT

6 CONVERT THE SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE INTO

7 A MACHINEGUN.

8 (a) PROHIBITION.—Section 922 of title 18, United

9 States Code, is amended by adding at the end the fol

10 lowing:

11 ‘‘(aa) It shall be unlawful for any person—

12 ‘‘(1) in or affecting interstate or foreign com

13 merce, to manufacture, possess, or transfer any part

14 or combination of parts that is designed and func

15 tions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic

16 rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle

17 into a machinegun; or

18 ‘‘(2) to manufacture, possess, or transfer any

19 such part or combination of parts that have been

20 shipped or transported in interstate or foreign com

21 merce.’’.

22 (b) PENALTIES.—Section 924(a)(1)(B) of such title

23 is amended by striking ‘‘or (q)’’ and inserting ‘‘(q), or

24 (aa)’’.

25 (c) SENTENCING GUIDELINES.—Pursuant to its au

26 thority under section 994 of title 28, United States Code,

1 and in accordance with this subsection, the United States

2 Sentencing Commission shall amend and review the Fed

3 eral sentencing guidelines and policy statements to ensure

4 that the guidelines provide for a penalty enhancement of

5 not less than 2 offense levels for a violation of section

6 922(aa) of title 18 of such Code if the device described

7 in such section 922(aa) has been—

8 (1) used, carried, or possessed during or in re

9 lation to a crime of violence or drug trafficking

10 crime (as such terms are defined in section

11 924(c)(3) of such title 18); or

12 (2) smuggled unlawfully into or from the

13 United States.

14 (d) EFFECTIVE DATE.—This section and the amend

15 ments made by this section shall apply with respect to con

16 duct engaged in after the 90-day period that begins with

17 the date of the enactment of this Act.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

You are correct

Man, I would like to think that something like this has no chance of passing.

I'm sure we all would. But then there's that whole "real world" thing we live in. Anyone who doesn't believe that this could pass, that "the Republicans will prevent this sort of thing" those are the folks not living in the real world. 

• Like 3

This Curbelo that is introducing this bill with some Massachusetts liberal is a crafty one.  They’re cooking it up “Noah’s Ark style” (meaning Members can only sign on as a co-sponsor with a Member from the other party).  They are exploiting the Christian angle to guilt conservatives into signing up.

https://curbelo.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=1706

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

We control the house, the senate and the presidency yet we can't get anything done in Washington. Our representatives no longer represent the people that elected them. Heck, I have been trying to contact my representative for over three years now but he is never in his office. He is perpetually at his "home office" and refuses to return or take calls.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I'm just a ray of ####ing sunshine today, aren't I? :lol:

Hold on there sparkles. :) There's always some dumbass throwing up a gun control bill. And, there's always some Repub that will vote for it. Doesn't mean it's gonna be law. These slimy bastards ain't gonna vote for anything that could end their spree of raping the American public. That means they gotta have us rednecks. Ask Bob "Pipsqueak" Corker. 

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
23 minutes ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

We control the house, the senate and the presidency yet we can't get anything done in Washington. Our representatives no longer represent the people that elected them. Heck, I have been trying to contact my representative for over three years now but he is never in his office. He is perpetually at his "home office" and refuses to return or take calls.

A very rhetorical question could then be asked, "How is one supposed to represent their constituents if they consider themselves too good/busy for their constituents?".

I'm optimistic that the bill itself will not go anywhere, although I'm realistic to know that it could go somewhere.

1 hour ago, Someotherguy said:

Welp, Paul Ryan says no to any gun control legislation..wants the atf to regulate bump stocks..

How could they be regulated any differently, assuming they follow, you know, the actual NFA law, which is why ATF found them to be legit in the first place?

"The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."  -- 26 U.S. Code § 5845 - Definitions

- OS

1 hour ago, Oh Shoot said:

How could they be regulated any differently, assuming they follow, you know, the actual NFA law, which is why ATF found them to be legit in the first place?

"The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."  -- 26 U.S. Code § 5845 - Definitions

- OS

I have no idea OS....ATM, I'm glad that Ryan seems to realize that the whole gun control legislation thing while they are in control would cause many problems for them come 2018...Putting up as many roadblocks as possible for the dems/repub lites could allow time for the atf to maybe revise the wording to include bump stocks..

Just spit balling at this point...