My Best Friend

bersaguy

Well, I guess after trip to vet today the news was not good. The vet took Xrays and she had a growth on her liver and even though she is not in any pain the vet sent pain meds home with me to make sure I can keep her comfortable. Blood tests will be back by Friday to confirm her prognosis. I refuse to allow Kasey to suffer at all and at her age the vet said she probably would not survive the surgery. I'm going to dedicate most of what little time I have left with her and feeding her everything she loves to eat. She is 17 years old and been my best friend all that time. I have decided to have her cremated and keep her with me as long as I am alive. For those of you that don't know Kasey her she is.

004.JPG

003.JPG

Kasey 001.JPG

Kasey 002.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Sorry to hear Doug. Having great pups all my life I can relate to you hurt. It's never easy but there is a place where pups will roam free and meet you when time is right. Untill that time we enjoy what we have. Praying all the best for you and Kasey.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the kind words. I am getting ready to sell my model 85 to a guy to cover all the expenses but I will not deny her anything but the best and I wanted to have her cremated so a part of her will be with me always as long as I am alive.

• Like 3

A difficult time indeed.  Wife and I lost our boxer 9/16/17 to seizures, happened right after a walk that she always enjoyed.  We had her cremated, I put some of her remains in all our vehicles, and just buried a portion of her remains out in the back yard where she liked to lay in the sun and roll in the grass. She will always be with us as she did not like being left at home the past couple of years she was with us.  

Prayers for you during this time.

• Like 1

Doug, I sit here sniffling. Not sure I trust myself to say much or I'll break down with and for you. I made the same decision some years ago. It's very hard.

May God Bless and keep you both.

May I offer to help you with this? I don't know how much you need, but I have a hideout 50 in my wallet I'd be honored to contribute.

I know how much Kasey means to you, and I'm sure she would appreciate what you are doing. But if possible, I'd like you to keep your Bersa.

Guys...I know there's a lot going on out here now, but can't we help Doug here?

He's a good man and a friend to many of us. What say you all?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, hipower said:

Doug, I sit here sniffling. Not sure I trust myself to say much or I'll break down with and for you. I made the same decision some years ago. It's very hard.

May God Bless and keep you both.

May I offer to help you with this? I don't know how much you need, but I have a hideout 50 in my wallet I'd be honored to contribute.

I know how much Kasey means to you, and I'm sure she would appreciate what you are doing. But if possible, I'd like you to keep your Bersa.

Guys...I know there's a lot going on out here now, but can't we help Doug here?

He's a good man and a friend to many of us. What say you all?

I don't know how to reply to this. First off thank you for your offer to help as it means very much to me.   As far as costs I do know how much the cremation and urn will be. I was going to asked the doctor was the charges would be for her services but when she came and got me to come back and look at the x-rays I forgot all about it. She showed me the growth that is affecting and enlarging her liver and putting pressure on her spleen. She said if her spleen were to rupture she would bleed to death internally almost imediately. I ask her if she thought she was in pain and she said she does not appear to be at present but that could change so she sent me some pain meds home with her and said if she begins to show any signs of discomfort to give her some and see if it help her to get comfortable. I do appreciate your offer HP but at present time I don't exactly know what the costs will be. I might be able to call and find that out but I am prepared to sell the Model 85 if I have to as I feel that should cover it. Guess I better call and find out cause yesterdays visit was $247.00 and all I had was $200.00 and my buddy that was with me loaned me the other $47.00.

Edited by bersaguy
40 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Doug, I'd be honored to chip in if you'll allow it. Losing a dog always breaks my heart so I know how you feel.

I want to begin by saying how humbled  I am to see how folks here are offering to step up and assist me in my needs pertaining to Kaseys final expenses. All my life I have prided myself in being as independent and standing on my own. Back when my little bait business was enabling me some extra income to supplement my Social Security income I was able to pu a little back. Since Kasey has been getting sick the vet bills have consumed what little I had saved.

My bait business has slowed to almost non-existance in the last year or more causing me to depend on my monthly check to cover all expenses and anyone that lives on just a Social Security check knows after house expenses are covered there is very little left for food to get through the month.

With that said if it was for me I would not accept any help and struggle through it. Because it is for Kasey and the short time I have to get this done I will accept any help that may be offered and it will be more than appreciated. I did call the Vet a few minutes ago and they said that the cost of their service to lay her down is $179.00 and the cremation is $210.00. I know that does not seem like a lot and back when bait business was good it would not be an issue. Now it is a major one with a short time to get it all done. I don't know what else to say except Thank you to all that can see your way clear to help.

Doug         aka Bersaguy  

If your vet uses this place for cremation you might want to give them a call and see if there's any additional costs. A nice container for the remains might not be included.

As a dog lover and having been through this a couple of times, I am more than willing to help. If you will PM your address to me, I'll get something in the mail.

http://www.southcentralpetservices.com/