My Best Friend

bersaguy

17 years is a long time to share unconditional love and happiness. You have been lucky to have her in your life for so long and she is lucky to have you. 

My little guy only made it to 13 and my only regret was not letting him have anything he wanted. If I could do it over, I would've made him his own ribeyes and chicken and ribs and whatever he wanted. He was a chow hound :) had him cremated and look at him everyday as well as the pictures of him all over the house. 

it looks like Kasey likes to eat as well and I'd be happy to chip in too. 

I think you mentioned a while back about making her a steak and I hope you guys share some more great meals and memories! 

In my thoughts and prayers!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ugly said:

17 years is a long time to share unconditional love and happiness. You have been lucky to have her in your life for so long and she is lucky to have you. 

My little guy only made it to 13 and my only regret was not letting him have anything he wanted. If I could do it over, I would've made him his own ribeyes and chicken and ribs and whatever he wanted. He was a chow hound :) had him cremated and look at him everyday as well as the pictures of him all over the house. 

it looks like Kasey likes to eat as well and I'd be happy to chip in too. 

I think you mentioned a while back about making her a steak and I hope you guys share some more great meals and memories! 

In my thoughts and prayers!

I thank you for your kind words. When I got her I had to bottle feed her as a puppy because she had no mother and I actually rescued her from a from a very large wild Tom cat that was trying to kill her. Cat weighed about 20 lbs and I put a 22 bullet in the cats head and picked Kasey up and brought her inside and had to stop bleeding on her nose and ears and gave he a bath. She still had that smoke blue in her eyes. I called the vet and she said I would have to purchase some dog milk and bottle feed her so I went there and got 4 cans of dog milk and a they gave me a bottle to feed her with. From the time she went on hard food she ate what I ate. If I grilled Pork chops ahd had pork chops, If I grilled steak I grilled 2 steaks. Your gonna love this but of all the foods I ate and fed her she loved Deep fried Crappie or Shell cracker filets the best. Anyone that knows me and Kasey personally knows there was never a shortage of love from either side. Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Wow! This is a tough time for you I'm sure. All I can say is that as hard as it will be for you to let go when the time comes, just imagine how heartbroken she'd be if you went first. Hang in there!

It's kind of strange that you mentioned that. I have had a few friends that know me well along with family and they have said that they have never seen such a relationship between a man and his dog like there is between Kasey and I. They have mentioned a couple times that they fear if either one passes away they fear the other will go shortly after. I never gave that much thought until the time is near. 'Im kind of relieved a little in the fact that it will most likely be her so I can make sure she is cared for properly before and when the time comes. My daughter and Son In law said they will be with me and my son said he is going to be there also.

• Like 1

If whomever is handling the fund to help out with this would please PM me I would be honored to chip in, I have a little mad money saved up towards buying my next Glock, but I don't mind a bit to wait a little longer. We lost our little Rosie last year and it hit the whole family really hard, BG shouldn't have to put a thought into the expense of taking care of his dear friend if we can help.

• Like 1

Nobody should have to sell his favorite handgun to take care of a devoted dog's final expenses.

Bersaguy, please send me a PM with your mailing address so I can made a modest contribution to help out a fellow gun owner and dog lover.  You would be doing me a favor by allowing me to acknowledge the relationship between you and Kasey.  

Love is too scarce in this world today; we should all appreciate it whenever we see it.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Nobody should have to sell his favorite handgun to take care of a devoted dog's final expenses.

Bersaguy, please send me a PM with your mailing address so I can made a modest contribution to help out a fellow gun owner and dog lover.  You would be doing me a favor by allowing me to acknowledge the relationship between you and Kasey.  

Love is too scarce in this world today; we should all appreciate it whenever we see it.

Cheers,

Whisper

Thank you Whisper for your kind offer. Let me tell folks where I am on this. One of the members has stepped up and is sending the money to cover the Vets bill of $170.00. What i trying to do now is get the Cremation covered. It is $210.00. Many of you have offered to help beginning with Hi Power so I don't know how to figure out who is planning on sending what. If ya'll that are planning on giving please send me a PM letting me know what you plan on sending and I will update so folks will know what is coming to me. I can't think of another way to do this. If anyone has abetter idea I am open to ideas!!!!!! 

Ok, Need to update. Right now with what has been sent or being sent tomorrow, I have a little more than enough to cover all expenses to take care of Kasey..............:eek: I have no way to say THANK YOU ALL for your kind words and help with her final expenses. I was going to express my thanks to all that gave but wanted to get their permission first. 1 has already said he does not want to be known so will wait for the rest to PM me before I put out any names.

All I say is this is the greatest site on the web which I knew that before today but what has taken place today just proves it. I can't thank everyone enough for their kind thoughts and generosity in helping a fellow member in need.  I am humbled by all the acts of Kindness that has been shown to KASEY and I !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Moderators

I will be glad to chip in as well. I know you posted you have enough if that changes PM me with your address and I will drop a check in the mail. Ginger our rescue dog would feel honored to help a fellow companion. Comfort and peace for both of you at this time. It is not easy. Thankful the financial burden is being eased. 

Update from hipower to all who have contacted me or sent messages to Doug. I would have been happy to coordinate all this and take it directly to Doug, but since several people have mentioned sending it directly to Doug...that seems best for him.

I'm about to pm Doug for a mailing address and send it to all those who have contacted me. I'll send it asap.

Thank you all. It's a wonderful thing you are doing. I know Doug appreciates it. And so do I.

I'm very glad to be even loosely associated with a group that will step up and help a man 200 miles away in some cases.

You are a great bunch of men! 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

My little Sassy sits on the nightstand beside my bed. Right behind her in a frame is this:

Rainbow-_Bridge-_Poem_-_Copy.jpg

Thanks for that Sailor. It sounds like just the place Kasey will love to be since she loves running through the grass at the park when we go and just walk and she use to run but these days she walks.

To update folks on Kasey, I will know tomorrow when it will be closer to time. The Vet did call me today and said that she did not get blood tests back she took yesterday when she showed me the tumor and her enlarged Liver. She did tell me to love her and enjoy her for as long as you can cause the time will be short regardless of the blood tests because the tests results won't change the outcome. She said she will call me tomorrow and give me a more exact time frame.

3 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

My little Sassy sits on the nightstand beside my bed. Right behind her in a frame is this:

Rainbow-_Bridge-_Poem_-_Copy.jpg

I still can't read this without coming to tears. I first saw it in a flea market, of all places. I read it and was bawling like a baby. We had just lost a companion that was very dear to me. I just hope and pray that I can live a life that will allow me to see Tanya, and all my other past friends, companions and protectors again.

There is no more perfect love on this world than that of a dog. One look into those eyes, and you can see what perfect love is. If you can't...I'm very sorry for you.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, hipower said:

I still can't read this without coming to tears. I first saw it in a flea market, of all places. I read it and was bawling like a baby. We had just lost a companion that was very dear to me. I just hope and pray that I can live a life that will allow me to see Tanya, and all my other past friends, companions and protectors again.

There is no more perfect love on this world than that of a dog. One look into those eyes, and you can see what perfect love is. If you can't...I'm very sorry for you.

I agree 100% HP! Thank you for posting that Sub.

Bersa just know that you and Kasey have a family here that genuinely cares for you.

I am Blessed and richer for "knowing" you all.

Jamie  

• Like 2

You're in my thoughts, Doug. I'm quite willing to help out with some duckets to ensure Kasey receives care and handling worthy of the love she gave you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk. OhShoot very much likes to know when we're using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Ok so I got the results of the blood tests yesterday and it shows she has uninary tract infection and is a diabetic and the vet has said they are both treatable with medications. Both of them would require her to eat a special food which she has already proven to me she won't eat. It also means giving her a shot every 12 hours for the Diabetes and forcing her to allow me to shoot a sryinge of antibiodic in her mouth every 12 hours. I did consider doing all of this at first but I know Kasey and the bond we have. By giving her shots and forcing things down her throat by holding her mouth open will do far more harm then good to damage the bond we have at this point in her life. We all want whats best for our best friends and it was the last paragraph in the written instructions she set home with me that helped me make the decision. It is not going to do anything about what is going to end her life soon  It reads:

"Our goal is to provide Kasey with the best quality life possible. There is nothing that we can do medically to change what we have seen on X rays with the Mass/Tumor in Kaseys abdomen. It is either attached to her liver causing the enlargement or her Spleen or both. My hope is if we can control her blood sugar and infection then some of her clinical signs will improve/resolve and give her a better quality of life."  Now with that said!

In the event Kasey shows any signs of pain at all I will act accordingly at that point. Until then I feel that her trust in my love and the bond just seems more important than the shots, forced meds down her throat and foods she won't eat. Any opinions are more than welcome and appreciated.

• Like 1