If all goes well, I'll be a gun owner very soon :)

Guest Tracy

I'm gun shopping on Sunday and I'm excited about it. I'm pretty sure I've settled on getting a small revolver. The only real downer is all the $$ I'll be shelling out to get all set up, but I know it's money well spent :tinfoil:

Something tells me I need to get my gun before the zerO takes office...

Have a great weekend!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gun shopping on Sunday and I'm excited about it. I'm pretty sure I've settled on getting a small revolver. The only real downer is all the $$ I'll be shelling out to get all set up, but I know it's money well spent :rolleyes:

Something tells me I need to get my gun before the zerO takes office........

Maybe you better jump on an AK or AR if you're really concerned about that aspect of it. Or at least just a hicap pistola.

I think O will let you buy a 5 shot snubbie for quite some time.

But congrats for jumping in, regardless of what weapon is first!

- OS

Maybe you better jump on an AK or AR if you're really concerned about that aspect of it. Or at least just a hicap pistola.

I think O will let you buy a 5 shot snubbie for quite some time.

But congrats for jumping in, regardless of what weapon is first!

- OS

+1

If money is a concern, buying used is always an option. There are TONS of very nice used guns out there.

Whatever you do, new or used, shop smart.

Congrats and enjoy.

Keep us posted.

• 2 months later...
Guest dizzielizzie

I would research how much a gun is worth used and hope to pay it or less for new, educate yourself so you don't get ripped off. That way if you don't like it you can sell it & get your money back.

I'm going to have $1200 invested into becoming a legally armed citizen, with gun, holster, ammo, class & permit fees.

So the thread is 2.5 months old :D

It's still good advice for ANY ladies looking to buy that first gun....not just the op. I agree with you dizzielizzie, it is very important, especially for women, to get familiar with the prices of guns before going shopping for one. Just like auto mechanics & car salesmen, if an unscrupulous gun dealer thinks a woman doesn't know a .22 from a .45, they stand a lot better chance of getting taken advantage of. It usually pays off to do a little research before going out to buy anything. :up:

Guest eyebedam
So the thread is 2.5 months old :D

It's still good advice for ANY ladies looking to buy that first gun....not just the op. I agree with you dizzielizzie, it is very important, especially for women, to get familiar with the prices of guns before going shopping for one. Just like auto mechanics & car salesmen, if an unscrupulous gun dealer thinks a woman doesn't know a .22 from a .45, they stand a lot better chance of getting taken advantage of. It usually pays off to do a little research before going out to buy anything. :up:

I was just saying. The op has already purchased. Sometimes folks don't notice dates on threads & I was just pointing out this was a old & basicly dead thread. I never disagreed with dizzielizze.

• 8 months later...