That It for Butch?

Oh Shoot

It’s not that I am a huge TN fan, but I am a huge SEC fan, todays game made it obvious to me that there are a lot of athletes on that team without any leadership.  I didn’t think this until today, but TN needs to find anyway possible get some sense of direction into that team.  I don’t know if it means finding a new home for Jones, or if someone can find some team building measures. I think at a minimum TN needs a new offensive coordinator; I have never seen so many missed blocks and busted plays this late into a season.

Edited by Patton
6 minutes ago, Patton said:

It’s not that I am a huge TN fan, but I am a huge SEC fan, todays game made it obvious to me that there are a lot of athletes on that team without any leadership.  I didn’t think this until today, but TN needs to find anyway possible get some sense of direction into that team.  I don’t know if it means finding a new home for Jones, or if someone can find some team building measures. I think at a minimum TN needs a new offensive coordinator; I have never seen so many missed blocks and busted plays this late into a season.

I’m not sure who the team leaders are but Guarantano sure isn’t one.  He again proved today that he lacks maturity with that little tantrum and the end of the game.

Edited by Garufa
1 minute ago, Garufa said:

I’m not sure who the team leaders are but Guarantono sure isn’t one.  He again proved today that he lacks maturity with that little tantrum and the end of the game.

Well, he is a redshirt freshman, he should not be expected to be a team leader.  It would be great if he was, but QB or not it’s a lot to ask.  I personally don’t think Botch Jones has control of his own team.  He has fed them too many of his vacuum cleaner salesman speeches and they no longer have confidence in him.

I am a die hard Vols fan and have been defending Jones all year but after this loss I'd say he is done at the end of the year if not sooner, it wouldn't surprise me if we loose the rest of the games this year. Bama is going to crush us, KY, Southern Miss and Missouri we might have a chance against but they could all be losses then LSU will most likely eat our lunch and Vandy will probably beat us again. I will be watch and screaming for my Vols thru it though and hoping for a better next season :wall:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, john455 said:

I am a die hard Vols fan and have been defending Jones all year but after this loss I'd say he is done at the end of the year if not sooner, it wouldn't surprise me if we loose the rest of the games this year. Bama is going to crush us, KY, Southern Miss and Missouri we might have a chance against but they could all be losses then LSU will most likely eat our lunch and Vandy will probably beat us again. I will be watch and screaming for my Vols thru it though and hoping for a better next season :wall:

I mostly agree with this but dammit all to hell I’ve been hoping for a better next season for years and am getting about tired of it.  

• Like 3

I have no love or hatred for Tennessee football, so I tend of view the team with little emotion.  No coach in their fifth year can hide from the results.  Butch Jones has always come across to me as the worst stereotypes of a used car salesman- lots of great talk about a flawed product that you buy at your own risk. 

Rest assured, there have been, and will continue to be staff in the finance office of the UT athletic department working spreadsheets on his buyout.  The only question is how fast they need to action it.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Daughter is in her 6th yr at UT, she was at the game and said the cround booed him like she's hasn't seen before, writing on the wall...

I’ve tried to support all our “interim” coaches except that punk Kiffin.  As obscene as I think college coach’s salaries are it may be time for UT to open up the wallet and get the best.  Butch is not getting paid all that much.  

Throwing money at a problem is not the solution, but I imagine the boosters and donors have had enough.  They have some deep pockets and might just be ready to chip in a little more.

• Like 1
Just now, Gotthegoods said:

You'd think for $300+ million for the Lawson Athletic Center, they could put a better product on the field.

Like I alluded to, throwing money at something does not mean it will result in the best product available.  Fancy and new doesn’t mean jack.

• Like 1