Sig P320 vs Glock vs S&W M&P

graycrait

I've had a fair pile of Glocks over the years, a fair number of S&W M&Ps, even went to armorers courses for both. For one reason or the other I have been a bit removed from handguns for the last couple of years. Is the P320 equal to or better than Glock or M&P in terms of simplicity, accuracy and durability?  Any major metro PD's dumping their Glocks in favor of the P320?

Just made that decision after taking my time. I owned a Glock, reviewed M&P and HK, Sig P320 the trigger is what helped me make up my mind. The more I shoot it the more comfortable it feels In my hand good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tried the 320, basic gun better in some respects such as trigger and inherent accuracy, but prefer my M&Ps.  Apexed out there is no comparison, much prefer the M&P for ergonomics.  My impression is the MP is more reliable, and I think abusive tests I have seen bear that out.

Ive had all 3 as well. I like the simplicity of the 320, i like the ergo of the M&P, I shoot the Glock better. So, that being said... I no longer have my 320 or my M&Ps

Now, with the compact 2.0 9mm M&P.... Time will tell

Anyone got an M&P 2.0 compact I can borrow?

Glock all day. They just work and have a proven track record. The Honda Civic of firearms. I'm going to fanboy until I get a 2.0 Compact or the company pisses me off.
M&Ps are good but I'm too invested in Glocks. Not a Smith fan either but they do it for some people.
Sig is getting there. They sold a crap ton of them but some parts breakages are there. Then the trigger issue came up. They are going to be the future due to the modularity but have to get the kinks worked out. Think of them as the Gen 4 Glocks. Everyone is going to talk crap but 99% will never have an issue.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, graycrait said:

I've had a fair pile of Glocks over the years, a fair number of S&W M&Ps, even went to armorers courses for both. For one reason or the other I have been a bit removed from handguns for the last couple of years. Is the P320 equal to or better than Glock or M&P in terms of simplicity, accuracy and durability?  Any major metro PD's dumping their Glocks in favor of the P320?

My workplace is going from Glock 22's to Glock 17's starting next month. Not sure if it will be Gen 4 or Gen 5 but they are staying with Glock.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
23 hours ago, 1fast4by said:

Ive had all 3 as well. I like the simplicity of the 320, i like the ergo of the M&P, I shoot the Glock better. So, that being said... I no longer have my 320 or my M&Ps

I can relate to this.  20-something years of shooting the Glock 19/23 platform is really hard for me to unlearn despite how good other guns have felt in my hands.  The M&P and the CZ P-07 come closest to feeling/pointing as naturally for me as the Glock does.

23 hours ago, 1fast4by said:

Now, with the compact 2.0 9mm M&P.... Time will tell

Anyone got an M&P 2.0 compact I can borrow?

I should have mine next week but you'll just have to trust me on the review.  I doubt I'll be loaning it out, but you're always welcome to shoot it at the range with me sometime.  :)

• Like 1

Dont think anyone could say anyone of those is better than the other... no one could say any of them are bad choices... comes down to your preference... finding that to be more of the trend now days... almost anything you buy from a reputable manufacturer works today... buy what you like... i like m&ps best but carry a glock so whats that tell ya lol

I just don't care for the Sigs. The S&W M&P series is good and has a great grip but I don't like the hinged trigger. The Glock is good but I don't like how the Gen 5 went to a coil spring on the slide lock and the slide stop . I'd rather have the older leaf-spring style springs. I will say that the Beretta APX has really surprised me. I bought one earlier in the year and its ran great. the feel and function is awesome. For some reason this pistol seems to be not so popular . I hear people talking about the M&P 2.0 , the Sig P320 and the Gen 5 Glock but no one talks about the APX. But in almost every gun review on the Beretta APX , it runs extremely well and never fails. I guess people cant get past the looks , but I'd be happy to have it as a duty pistol and that's saying a lot coming from a long time Glock owner.

I have 2 P320's and none of the others. I've tried them all and used to own glocks back in gen1 gen2 days. I don't shoot them very well. Ymmv.

My opinion is try them all and buy what you like. They're all quality guns.

I like the modularity of the P320 and the trigger is very good.