Glock Fingerlakes

GlockSpock

• Moderators

First, let me state I mislead you a bit. This article isn't about fingerlakes but rather how much finger is the right amount of finger for a handgun. So when I first starting carrying a Glock 19 Gen 4, I stuck the "L" grip adapter onto the thing and never really gave it much more thought. However, I started thinking about it today after reading some about the Gen 5. So I found the following picture (clicking the picture will take you to the article).

how_to_pick_handgun.jpg

I think I now realize one reason I typically shoot left. With the "L" adapter, I don't think I'm getting as much finger on the trigger as I need. I have never truly had any formal handgun training, I fear I developed bad habits from the start. But I'm excited to go home and investigate this more with the Glock. I suspect I will take the grip adapter off and try shooting it without.

And as a bonus, I leave you with this:

I believe finger placement has a lot to do with the musculature of your hands. 

Here is what I wrote in another Glock thread:

Low left shots are very common with Glocks.  Different grips and finger placement work differently, obviously, for everyone.  I’ve noticed with myself if I’m hitting low left with my Glock it’s because I have too much finger on the trigger and the fat part of my trigger finger closest to my palm is pushing the pistol left.  Sounds like you’re doing the same thing.  For me it’s just an adjustment because I have large hands.  A gen. 4 might work for you, can’t hurt to try or maybe Glocks just aren’t for you, there are other great options out there.