TWD Season 8

john455

Eh...They played it up as huge...not to me. It is a big exit of a long time character but not life changing for the show really.

Once again Rick could have shot Neegan, but did not. After going out the window he still had his gun. Stand upland blast Neegan already. He can't reach you and did not seem to have a gun. Neegan is not bulletproof. Kill him already.

I'm finally just watching idly at this point. They really lost me over this season.  Mostly poorly written logistics, half the time I have no idea where anyone is doing what they're doing, what they're trying to do at the moment or what/where they're on the way to do the next thing, whatever.

I wouldn't put it past 'em to allow Carl to live somehow or other with some deus ex machina reason or other, another cheap shot like Glenn's first demise, which wasn't.

And yeah, I really yawned at yet another Negan/Rick deadly one on one, lost count how many times that has happened, and how many times Rick could have just offed him one way or the other. Guess it has to be a big dramatic hoopla when he does it, not just a simple head shot from the ole Python.

Whatever, I guess I'll have to keep watching since I've invested the years, but no longer very raptly; heck I haven't even watched all of them on the night they premiered.

As I said before start of the season, they need to wrap the series up methinks. After Negan, peace and harmony and finis.

But now you've got Morgan gonna hook up with the Fear The Walking Dead bunch some how or other for a season, and heard that in the long run he won't be gone forever from the main bunch, so looks like they'll keep milking it as long as the money flows. Heck I gave up on the FTWD series last year, so no big whoop to me.

- OS 

Edited by Oh Shoot

Last week on Talking Dead they were hinting at a big shocker for this episode. Somewhere during the early part of the show, it hit me. They're finally gonna kill off Carl! About damned time! The kid can't act and the character always was a screw up. He's been dead weight for years. Can't say I'll miss him. 

Now they're hinting that he'll go out in some sort of blaze of glory.  The producer, Gimble, said that a bite is a bite, but Carl ain't done just yet. Oh well, at least its not a good character that's leaving. :rolleyes:

I think Red Machete is one of those sideline mini-episodic shows like they did with the folks on the airplane during the first season of FTWD.  I gave up on that show early in it's second season, still hanging on watching TWD though.  It's one of those shows that after so many years of watching, you tend to just hang on regardless if it's not so enjoyable anymore.  FWIW, while I don't think this season has been the best, I also don't think it's the worst either ...

16 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Last week on Talking Dead they were hinting at a big shocker for this episode. Somewhere during the early part of the show, it hit me. They're finally gonna kill off Carl! About damned time! The kid can't act and the character always was a screw up. He's been dead weight for years. Can't say I'll miss him. 

Now they're hinting that he'll go out in some sort of blaze of glory.  The producer, Gimble, said that a bite is a bite, but Carl ain't done just yet. Oh well, at least its not a good character that's leaving. :rolleyes:

I have to admit I was not unhappy to see that bite mark.  

4 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

The big thing that bugs me lately is all the nick of time arrival of people. They just show up at the right time ....... a dozen times?????

We are dealing with people who write comic books for a living, reality is not exactly well thought out amongst those types.

9 hours ago, Hershmeister said:

When the heck did Carl have time to pop a bandage on that wound— and how was it under his shirt? Good grief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He got the bite when he originally went back to help the guy that Rick shot over his head to warn away.  Timelines aren't being very clearly maintained this season, lots of flashbacks, etc., but it's certainly been a few days (in show timeline) since he was bitten - at least that's my interpretation ...

Getting rid of Carl is a good thing for the show, although I was skeptical they would do it, so it's a plus that the producers were willing to be a little imaginative.  They have some interesting things to explain about the "old man Rick" flash-forward from the first episode this season, which implied that Carl is alive.  

I'm still annoyed by the lazy writing and bargain-basement special effects. 

How did Carol know to drive to the Sanctuary and rescue Rick when he and the trash people starting taking fire and the trash people cut and ran?

Why are all long guns (except Morgan's Remington 700 with the crookedly mounted scope) now full auto?  And how did they obtain the limitless supply of ammo they now have?

I guess there's still a slim chance the show could become great again, but history is against it -- once shows begin to slide in quality, they are almost always doomed.  The slide here is unmistakable.

Like Oh Shoot, I'm mainly watching now just to see where the story goes; not because the show is compelling or exciting any more.

Cheers,

Whisper

It's kinda got to be background viewing for me now.

The limitless ammo & sudden supply of ARs & AKs, yeah. Hollywood. Bullets bouncing off jeep grills I can handle.

NOT killing Negan at EVERY. SINGLE. Face to face encounter....no. It makes so little sense it's not even amusing anymore.

16 minutes ago, robtattoo said:

It's kinda got to be background viewing for me now.

The limitless ammo & sudden supply of ARs & AKs, yeah. Hollywood. Bullets bouncing off jeep grills I can handle.

NOT killing Negan at EVERY. SINGLE. Face to face encounter....no. It makes so little sense it's not even amusing anymore.

Well...this is all news to me. I stopped watch 2 seasons ago. I just couldn't take it anymore. Way too many inconsistancies in all areas of the show. It got to be that the Talking Dead segments were more entertaining than the show. And that was just too much for me, so I left.

5 hours ago, RAEIndustries said:

Yes I was getting tired of Neegans longevity in season 7 already  and Rick has become such a little girl even WAY more in season 8 

I think Rick has actually improved a little this year; he handled himself pretty well when the trash people put him against Winslow and then against Winslow 2.0.  He still whines too much and is a wholly incompetent marksman, but at least he doesn't piss and moan constantly like he did last season.

One big improvement this season is Daryl, who -- after his imprisonment by the Saviors last year -- fully understands that the best way of handling all interactions with the Saviors is by delivering fatal violence.  :)

Cheers,

Whisper

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

I think Rick has actually improved a little this year; he handled himself pretty well when the trash people put him against Winslow and then against Winslow 2.0.  He still whines too much and is a wholly incompetent marksman, but at least he doesn't piss and moan constantly like he did last season.

One big improvement this season is Daryl, who -- after his imprisonment by the Saviors last year -- fully understands that the best way of handling all interactions with the Saviors is by delivering fatal violence.  :)

Cheers,

Whisper

I’m afraid with Carl’s bite the weepy Rick is coming back.  Maybe the trash lady will make him a man again.  :lol:

Yeah I’ve gotten to the point that the lack of understanding of gun physics irritates the crap out of me. While zombies are nothing more than fantasy the rest of the show ha become implausible. I mean who is really going to follow a guy with dreds who speaks with a bad English accent other than the fact that he has a tiger.

And why don’t they just move all three groups to Alexandria and turn it into a fortress. There should be plenty of empty houses with all of the people who have died. And then they wouldn’t have had to move Maggie and got Glenn and Abraham killed

7 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

And why don’t they just move all three groups to Alexandria and turn it into a fortress. There should be plenty of empty houses with all of the people who have died. And then they wouldn’t have had to move Maggie and got Glenn and Abraham killed

Too late now.  A good part of it was blown up and burned down.

The group's make so many tactical and organizational errors that the TV show is the only reason they are still alive. 

I agree the prison would have been a perfect spot. Clear cell block by cell block by piking them through the bars BEFORE opening the door. And close all the doors at night... Go out from the prison and set up some noise makers like the Governor to pull them away from your area. Maybe even put up some stakes like Morgan did to let them trap themselves.  Find some sligshots to let people kill the fence ones off so no one has to get close to them routinely. A few good rocks should do it since they can crush the skull by stomping in it. If not, one person with a 12 foot j hook rebar and another with the same sharpened off could clear them. No one needs to be using pocket knives on them. Even with the back of the prison down, they could just lock off that area or repair the back fence. Then if people attacked just move deeper and engage them from safe positions. I mean in reality no one is attacking with a tank and you not hear them coming to send people to flank them.

And on one final note, save the rpgs until you really need them. They waste so much firepower on crap. 

The attackers tore down the fences with the tank, and the dead took over the prison.  That's why they are no longer at the prison.  I'm sure they would have liked to have stayed if they could (especially Hershel, Beth, Bob, Tyrese, the two little girls.....).

Edited by dawgdoc