TWD Season 8

john455

6 hours ago, dawgdoc said:

The attackers tore down the fences with the tank, and the dead took over the prison.  That's why they are no longer at the prison.  I'm sure they would have liked to have stayed if they could (especially Hershel, Beth, Bob, Tyrese, the two little girls.....).

The tank would not have gotten far enough to make good progress if they had been paying attention. A tank is strong, but slow to maneuver. And fences can be rebuilt. 

Well since the one girl killed the other, not sure they would still be around either way.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s reached the point where the spinoff FTWD seems to have a better storyline moving forward.Last season of FTWD was actually pretty good. The only thing I like about this season of WD is Daryl’s new outlook ( kill em’ all ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

Yep, got irritated at the end. Thankfully the little kid corrected that situation. QUIT LETTING PEOPLE LIVE! 

Some people are redeemable, and deserve mercy, but not that guy.  Gold star for the kid.

The episode could have been shortened to fit the regular one-hour slot; it drug on too long.  But it advanced the storyline in a satisfactory way and revealed some interesting surprises about what's in store (although one was a surprise I have predicted).  I won't comment further for those who did not see the episode yet.

15 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Some people are redeemable, and deserve mercy, but not that guy.  Gold star for the kid.

The episode could have been shortened to fit the regular one-hour slot; it drug on too long.  But it advanced the storyline in a satisfactory way and revealed some interesting surprises about what's in store (although one was a surprise I have predicted).  I won't comment further for those who did not see the episode yet.

You are right, some deserve mercy..... Not him. I am waiting for Rick to just go full scorched earth policy and kill everyone, he's got to snap, right? Did the death of Carl change him and now he wants to be all rainbows and kittens.

Kinda slow and skipped around too much.  It did, however, put Simon on the waiting list for Lucille.  I gotta wonder if Rick is losing it a bit after Carl's death and is hell-bent on taking Negan out.  That might get him and the rest of the crew in a bad spot. 

I didn't think it was too slow; I liked it a lot.  And I liked that they finally explained the whole situation about the trash people.  And the trash shredder scene was astonishing. 

I think Simon is a goner, but whether he gets is from Negan or Jadis is unclear to me right now.  Probably Negan, but....

Jadis said she used to wander around the dump before the apocalypse; perhaps she lived at (or knows about) an adjacent doomsday bunker.  The reference to solar panels and shelf stable apple sauce suggests such a place.  The helipad would seem a little ostentatious for a secret bunker, though. 

When Rick saw the helicopter this season, wasn't it while he was walking to the dump?

Jadis was trying to make a new society at the dump.  Perhaps she had a separate secret base from which to prop up her fledgling society?  Like a back up plan or insurance in case her people couldn't figure out how to survive on their own.

Or perhaps they were like Terminus.  They might have had a public facade of scrounging for leftovers while actually living in a comfortable underground bunker.  It might explain how Jadis could have such a unique hair style.

Forgot about the helicopter.  Good catch.  Carl's death was off the original "track" of the story, so who knows what they will come up with now.  I will say that after 8 seasons this series could very well be on it's last legs unless they amp up the twists and turns to increase interest above the current level.  I'm hearing lots of complaints lately.

57 minutes ago, Hidalgo said:

I will say that after 8 seasons this series could very well be on it's last legs unless they amp up the twists and turns to increase interest above the current level.  I'm hearing lots of complaints lately.

Complaint levels rise and fall, so it's tough to put too much stock in them.  I heard lots of complaining about season five (Terminus) and I thought it was fine.  Last season (seven) was the worst, although it had its moments.  So far season eight is better.  But overall, viewership is trending downward for the last several years, and this is an expensive show to produce, so they need to do something to increase interest.  We'll certainly get a season nine, and probably ten, but the show needs something new. Maybe getting rid of Carl, which doesn't appear in the comics, will give the creators some new freedom to experiment.

I think getting rid of Carl was necessary as a time line problem.  Best I can tell it's been about 20 months in real time up until the most recent season.  They've used 16 babies to play the part of Judith but Carl's maturing was getting problematic.

• 3 weeks later...

Little sneaky poo tonight. Listings show 2 hours for the episode with Talking Dead on an hour later (which they mentioned last week). But later repeats are only an hour.

Apparently they're slipping in unannounced premier episode of new series call "The Terror" to help jumpstart it.

- OS

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing Negan being pulled around on that sled was the funniest thing I have seen on this series.  Hilarious! 

Carl's death obviously hurt Negan.  And he showed a lot of feeling when talking about his former wife "Lucille".  Makes me wonder if the writers are going to do a role reversal between him and Rick in the near future.  Especially after Rick slaughtered the guys from the Sanctuary last week.

I agree it was excellent seeing Negan dragged around the dump, tied to a mechanic's creeper or something similar, but the next scene was the worst continuity error in the entire show.  Jadis is making dire threats, and all of a sudden Negan is still tied to the creeper but he has a loaded 1911, a bunch of photos that are valuable to Jadis, and a lit highway flare.  WTF?   It's like a scene was deleted or something.

Not to mention that it's incredibly stupid that the helicopter coming to evacuate Jadis could hover at 50 feet 150 yards away from her and apparently couldn't see her even though she was waving at them and Negan had a flare.

It seems like every time the show begins building back some goodwill with unexpected plot developments or exciting action scenes, they undo it by stupid writing, bargain-basement special effects, or some impossible activity that could have been avoided if the show had a single technical advisor who had completed fourth grade.

I cringe in anticipation of  Sunday's episode, which apparently is going to depict Eugene's ammunition handloading factory.  

Edited by Whisper
12 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I agree it was excellent seeing Negan dragged around the dump, tied to a mechanic's creeper or something similar, but the next scene was the worst continuity error in the entire show.  Jadis is making dire threats, and all of a sudden Negan is still tied to the creeper but he has a loaded 1911, a bunch of photos that are valuable to Jadis, and a lit highway flare.  WTF?   It's like a scene was deleted or something.

Not to mention that it's incredibly stupid that the helicopter coming to evacuate Jadis could hover at 50 feet 150 yards away from her and apparently couldn't see her even though she was waving at them and Negan had a flare.

It seems like every time the show begins building back some goodwill with unexpected plot developments or exciting action scenes, they undo it by stupid writing, bargain-basement special effects, or some impossible activity that could have been avoided if the show had a single technical advisor who had completed fourth grade.

I cringe in anticipation of  Sunday's episode, which apparently is going to depict Eugene's ammunition handloading factory.  

Don't get me started on the lack of reloading equipment, in Georgia no less.  In all those towns, there was no reloading room?  Heck in most of those towns every other house could arm a good contingent of people.  And with all that machinery, all they can come up with is bullets?  Heck I'd be improvising rocket launchers and explosives with a lack of NFA enforcement.