TWD Season 8

john455

9 hours ago, No_0ne said:

From the previews it seems that maybe we are about to see the apocalyptic battle between the Old Guard and Negan's forces, after all that storyline has been running what, 3 years now?

Yeah, they first encountered the Saviors in Season 6, when a group of them tried to hijack Daryl, Abraham, and Sasha, and Daryl killed them with an RPG.   Time to finish the job.

On 4/9/2018 at 5:15 PM, No_0ne said:

I think Eugene has gone over to the savior side permanently now.  Having both of your old comrades swear to kill you while kidnapping you will tend to do that.  I also don't think he much liked the idea of being locked up in a hole until called on to render ideas, after all that scenario isn't nearly as appealing as being Dr. Smarty Pants for Negan, along with the perks of women, wine, and especially garlic flavored sardine enhanced mac and cheese ...

Well.  That assumption certainly wasn't right. Lots of plot twists in this one ...

1 hour ago, No_0ne said:

Well.  That assumption certainly wasn't right. Lots of plot twists in this one ...

Must have been one hell of a powder he loaded with to screw those guns that bad. 

I think it is anticlimactic that Morgan walked and drove to TX. We're looking at like 1500 miles. Still a long way after a full tank of gas. 

24 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Must have been one hell of a powder he loaded with to screw those guns that bad. 

I think it is anticlimactic that Morgan walked and drove to TX. We're looking at like 1500 miles. Still a long way after a full tank of gas. 

I gave up worrying about goofs, inconsistencies, technical errors and anachronisms on this show long ago, makes watching it more enjoyable ...

• Like 1

TX?  Was that show that came on after the credits also part of walking dead?  Only hung on for a couple minutes.

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, BlessTheUSA said:

TX?  Was that show that came on after the credits also part of walking dead?  Only hung on for a couple minutes.

Fear was a crossover event last night. You actually got to see some of TWD cast. Then mainly Morgan and new people. 

9 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I imagine if Eugene had filled those .223 cases with Bullseye it would have been pretty hard on the rifles firing them -- and hard on the faces of those shooters.  That scene was pretty much what I had expected we'd see.

Now, as for Negan and his 1911 -- no matter what powder had been loaded into his .45 ACP cases, I think the bullet would have traveled quickly into Gabriel's head.

Again, realism is not what you should anticipate if you're watching TWD.

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

I imagine if Eugene had filled those .223 cases with Bullseye it would have been pretty hard on the rifles firing them -- and hard on the faces of those shooters.  That scene was pretty much what I had expected we'd see.

Now, as for Negan and his 1911 -- no matter what powder had been loaded into his .45 ACP cases, I think the bullet would have traveled quickly into Gabriel's head.

Again, realism is not what you should anticipate if you're watching TWD.

I guess he could have made the bullets ,themselves, too large with nowhere to go. 

• Like 1

So would the extended primers not do exactly what Eugene said at first? As soon as the bolt was dropped to chamber a round it would have slam fired?

I understand the revolvers not doing it. 

It would be a fine line for a bullet to be too large, but still chamber

21 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

It would be a fine line for a bullet to be too large, but still chamber

Since he was pouring his own bullets from his homemade molds, he could  have made them chamber by shortening the case ever so slightly and making them conical with the stepped out base equal to the case diameter . I would think you’d get a result similar to what we saw . I’m certainly no expert.

49 minutes ago, tntnixon said:

Since he was pouring his own bullets from his homemade molds, he could  have made them chamber by shortening the case ever so slightly and making them conical with the stepped out base equal to the case diameter . I would think you’d get a result similar to what we saw . I’m certainly no expert.

Eugene is no expert either.   Blown up guns sure made for dramatic effect when watched by the general public though.

It's TV people ....... just TV.

I enjoy the series much more when I don't pick it apart.  You can do that with most TV series.  Miami Vice was even worse than this in the firearms department.

• Like 1
On 4/16/2018 at 11:22 AM, Garufa said:

I was just about to post this link! Thank you.

As we record these episodes (work/shift related etc) I watched the finale Monday and the crossover yesterday.

"Suspension of disbelief" is helpful...but I was entertained. 

btw I agree with Maggie! :up:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, prag said:

As we record these episodes (work/shift related etc) I watched the finale Monday and the crossover yesterday.

"Suspension of disbelief" is helpful...but I was entertained. 

btw I agree with Maggie! :up:

I had just about given up on FTWD but this first episode of the new season brings new hope -- it's better than the original TWD now.

And yes, Negan needs to be dead, and I fully support Maggie and Darryl in making that happen.

41 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I had just about given up on FTWD but this first episode of the new season brings new hope -- it's better than the original TWD now.

And yes, Negan needs to be dead, and I fully support Maggie and Darryl in making that happen.

I’m somewhat afraid we just jumped the shark :(. I liked Maggie when she was a minor supporting role. I’ve learned to want her dead as she became a lead and her acting actually regressed (that fake southern accent gets worse with every episode). And now we’re supposed to believe that Jesus (who was against killing any of the saviors just earlier in the episode) is now totally fine with taking out rick for not killing enough saviors and that Maggie and Daryl would confide in him their intentions. I’ll start the next season but it might get taken off my record list if it doesn’t improve.

5 hours ago, tntnixon said:

And now we’re supposed to believe that Jesus (who was against killing any of the saviors just earlier in the episode) is now totally fine with taking out rick for not killing enough saviors and that Maggie and Daryl would confide in him their intentions.

I don't believe any of them are talking about taking Rick out.  I think they're talking about showing Rick he was wrong, and killing Negan themselves (not necessarily in that order).

15 hours ago, Whisper said:

I don't believe any of them are talking about taking Rick out.  I think they're talking about showing Rick he was wrong, and killing Negan themselves (not necessarily in that order).

I inferred that they were going to wait a bit since Negan was going to be put in some "jail," and then one day they would form a lynch mob and take care of him. They'll let Rick and Michonne get complacent with the idea that everyone is OK with Negan as a prisoner, and then spectacularly disagree with them as he is executed.  "Revenge is dish served cold," "never forget," etc. type of thing.

• Like 1

I don’t read the books but I follow them, in them Rick cuts Negan’s throat but he doesn’t die. The next threat is The Whisperers, people who skin Walkers and live among them.Negan helps defeat them.FTWD is good.The first season was slow because it showed how it all started. Season 2,Walking Dead Mexico sucked donkey balls but Season 3 knocked it out of the park. This first episode in season 4 with the main players showing up in the final scene is obviously a time jump that will be told in subsequent episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk