TWD Season 8

john455

Pretty darn good opener. Though as usual, you have to shrug off stuff like why didn't Rick just gun down the unarmed Negan when he's standing there talking to him with a friggin auto weapon in his hands. I mean, he went there to kill him, right?

Watching Talking afterwards, where most all principals are on stage, bout 25 of them, kinda cool to see them all at one time. Even brought back a few that had been killed off.

Mainly to celebrate the 100th show, amazing!

Little "in memoriam" at end of this show in credits to the stunt man who was killed in July (still kind of unknown what exactly really went wrong) and also to George Romero.

I gave up on Fear last season, but still enjoy the original. Looks like I'm far from the only one:

Fear the Walking Dead: U.S. viewers per episode (millions)

c3bb67bc519645674e7030d46832546e.png

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
7 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Pretty darn good opener. Though as usual, you have to shrug off stuff like why didn't Rick just gun down the unarmed Negan when he's standing there talking to him with a friggin auto weapon in his hands. I mean, he went there to kill him, right?

My thoughts exactly; "It's a 30 yard shot and Negan's standing on an elevated platform, why are you not filling him with holes already?"  I guess the answer was that Rick wanted to give Negan's acolytes the chance to surrender.  However, I think they'd have been more apt to surrender if Negan had started talking and immediately caught five rounds in the chest from Rick's MP5.

Also -- lots of ammo expended during this episode.  Is ammo not a problem any more?  Maybe Target Sports USA has reopened.  :)

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Whisper said:

My thoughts exactly; "It's a 30 yard shot and Negan's standing on an elevated platform, why are you not filling him with holes already?"  I guess the answer was that Rick wanted to give Negan's acolytes the chance to surrender.  However, I think they'd have been more apt to surrender if Negan had started talking and immediately caught five rounds in the chest from Rick's MP5.

Also -- lots of ammo expended during this episode.  Is ammo not a problem any more?  Maybe Target Sports USA has reopened.  :)

Cheers,

Whisper

Ammo and Fuel should be a problem :)

I'm still hanging on to watching the show but some of what they do or don't do drives me nuts.

I was very disappointed in the over hyped 100th episode / season premier.  I could go into details but the main problems have been covered so far.  I am always over critiquing these things.  Then it hits me that I may have more than average knowledge on some of the props and situations they get into and most of all  TWD is a fictional story made for entertainment.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

I wonder what Taurus Raging Judge Ultra-Lites are going for now. :lol:

I didn't make out what was written on top of it, was 44 "notches" of kills (thanks, Internet Movie Firearms Database):

600px-TWDS8Trailer_22.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

All in all, I really enjoyed the opener. Feels like our good guys are taking control again.

I was wondering if the RV was the same one that has been around since the beginning? I was also hoping that they would have gone to the junk yard people first and taken out a little easy revenge. Their double crossing ways deserve some retribution. And it would have been an easy way to take out a good part of Negan's army, and get back their guns.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, analog_kidd said:

All in all, I really enjoyed the opener. Feels like our good guys are taking control again.

I was wondering if the RV was the same one that has been around since the beginning? I was also hoping that they would have gone to the junk yard people first and taken out a little easy revenge. Their double crossing ways deserve some retribution. And it would have been an easy way to take out a good part of Negan's army, and get back their guns.

I have a feeling that the junkyard people will be a little harder than everybody thinks. They seem to have a pretty well established tunnel system and organization. I do think their times coming though

Rumors on some of TWD fan sites are that the junk people will turn traitor again and rejoin Team Rick.  I noticed that Pollyanna Mackintosh, who plays the leader of the junk people, was listed in the credits of Sunday's episode but didn't actually appear.

I personally think Rick should put a 158-gr JHP in her forehead...but he better be standing close, to improve his chances of not missing.  :)

Cheers,

Whisper

On 10/23/2017 at 6:41 AM, Whisper said:

Cheers,

Whisper

It annoys me in an tv show/movie that it's in.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Garufa said:

Much harder to find unlike the unlimited amounts of ammo and fully automatic weapons.

A few ingredients with a little time and Black powder is doable. But yeah, if you have unlimited ammo, why bother. Where are they getting all this stuff? I mean it all can't be what was left lying around after they ran Neegan off and no group had a sizeable stash.

15 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

A few ingredients with a little time and Black powder is doable. But yeah, if you have unlimited ammo, why bother. Where are they getting all this stuff? I mean it all can't be what was left lying around after they ran Neegan off and no group had a sizeable stash.

"It's Hollywood man" Hollywood never runs out of ammo, explosives, gas and heroes!!!

The last two episodes have greatly annoyed me with the cheap gunfire special effects -- muzzle flashes are obviously CGI, bolts and cocking handles don't reciprocate when guns are fired, magazines are apparently bottomless, and brass is seldom ejected (although the M2 .50 did leave some brass behind).  When Carol was having her battle with the Saviors who were trying to load the M2 into their vehicle, she had a full-auto battle with them, and sometimes her M4 had the rear sight folded up, and sometimes down.  In one scene an orange chamber flag was briefly visible in a gun.  

Moving on, let's talk about Rick's pursuit of the Saviors with the M2: Apparently after the zombie apocalypse, .50 caliber rounds make sparks as they bounce off a Jeep Wrangler grille, instead of zipping through the entire vehicle like a knife in hot butter.

I'm probably giving up on the show at this point.

I just love the sparkle effects when a bullet hits a car door...they are soooo realistic....:censored:

I just have to ignore how bad this stuff. Bugs me but I like the story overall. Maybe one day they will hire real special effects people and a gun wrangled that knows something. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Why is it that guys like Rick and Darryl are always running around with sweaty, greasy-ass hair but young Carl wanders the woods looking like he just got a $50 shampoo at the beauty parlor?

The pirate parlor?.......Or the girls look all fresh....wait we like to see that.......

13 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

The pirate parlor?.......Or the girls look all fresh....wait we like to see that.......

We need the ladies looking halfway decent during the apocalypse.  Preservation of the species and all that (and keeping me watching, lol)

Carl with his stupid hat and long hair needs to be et by zombies.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

We need the ladies looking halfway decent during the apocalypse.  Preservation of the species and all that.

Don't lie, I bet it wouldn't take too long before Rosita covered in zombie goo started to look good.... lol You can try the "repopulate the planet speech on her."