SilencerCo Maxim 50 Suppressed Muzzle Loader

Has anybody seen one of these?  It is a integrally suppressed muzzle loader.  Silencers only fall under the NFA when attached to firearms.  Since muzzle loaders are not classified as firearms this can be bought and shipped directly to you with out NFA paperwork.

Pretty expensive for a muzzle loader but definitely has the cool factor.

https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/maxim-50?variant=37950952529

sco_5379_1024x1024.jpg?v=1505777425

Pass, for that price I don't care if it is totally silent, which it is not.  And, to me anyway, it is next to worthless on a BP, it's not like you are going to get another shot most times.  Now if they could make a rotating magazine like contraption like they do on PCP rifles then they may be onto something.

1 minute ago, Ronald_55 said:

The big question is...Is it permanently attached..?  You know just in case I need to clean it.....:angel:

I'm to understand that it is "permanently" attached via some type of glue.  Though unsure if it can be opened up for cleaning, it is said with a little work you can take it all the way off.

• Admin Team

While I like this as a fun concept, I have serious reservations about the decision making paradigm that brought this to market.  

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a duck.  

All this is going to do is open up another group of “unregulated firearms” for debate and restrictions because of “loopholes.”

While I personally would love to be able to buy consumable suppressors at Walmart, that’s not where we are right now.  

I can’t see how this helps our optics.  

6 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

And you can have ANY barrel length you like with a muzzle loader. A friend had a M700 that had the last 1/2 of the barrel badly rusted. We talked about cutting it back to 10" but never did.

Go for it.

I've got a 'cobbled together' blanket gun with a 13½" barrel. Shoots like a dream out to 50yds!

IMG_20160105_183559.jpg

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, RED333 said:

Yes you can, I have a double barrel 50 cal ML.

Sure, the abridged NY reload, but have you ever practiced trying to reload a single barrel to get a second shot off, at the same deer?  Not that one could not, I imagine there are times a deer will not run off after hearing, or feeling, the first non kill shot, but most times, even with my bolt action, it takes time to get the second shot off due to them running off at a high rate of speed.

That would be interesting to see yours all mufflered up though, but I imagine it would get rather unwieldy with all that weight up front.