Smart move on their part. Smh

nanny bloomburg is spending 50mil a year on this push as well. The left just doesn't understand reality. 

I had a hard time following after free agency ruined the team concept, now, I pay no mind whatsoever. 

Fox News poll released Thursday shows the NFL’s popularity has plummeted 18 percent since 2013, with the biggest drop in favorability among Republicans.

The survey found that 46 percent of the viewers had a positive opinion of the NFL while 41 percent viewed the league negatively. In comparison, just four years earlier, 64 percent of the people had a positive view while 19 percent had an unfavorable one.

Additionally, results show that the group of people who have soured the most on the league were Republicans.

The poll found that Republicans favorability had dropped by 37 percent, independents by 14 percent and Democrats by 6 percent.

“If the NFL were a political candidate, alarm bells would be going off in campaign headquarters,” Democratic pollster Chris Anderson — who conducted the Fox News poll with Republican pollster Daron Shaw — explained.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/26/nfl-popularity-plummets-in-new-poll-especially-among-republicans/

A very good look at how they (Owners, Union, Players) are really thinking about this issue.  Seems they are divided into two camps, one that wants it to be a pure sport driven League or a Social driven League.  Well, I'm voting with my wallet...I'm out of the NFL business, and with many sports starting to make the same noise, maybe I'll just stick to the hunting and fishing side of sports.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21170410/gaffes-tv-ratings-concerns-dominated-nfl-players-forged-anthem-peace-league-meetings

• Like 1
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

I find that I have much better ways to spend my time now. :) 

I have been shooting more, just bought my first compound crossbow and have went nuts playing with this thing, and now have started working on a financial license I was going to put off until the first of the year.  Been good.

On 10/27/2017 at 11:12 AM, Omega said:

A very good look at how they (Owners, Union, Players) are really thinking about this issue.  Seems they are divided into two camps, one that wants it to be a pure sport driven League or a Social driven League.  Well, I'm voting with my wallet...I'm out of the NFL business, and with many sports starting to make the same noise, maybe I'll just stick to the hunting and fishing side of sports.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21170410/gaffes-tv-ratings-concerns-dominated-nfl-players-forged-anthem-peace-league-meetings

Saw this as well yesterday.  A great read showing how this issue is playing behind the scenes with neither side having a consolidated position yet. 

This line in particular caught my attention; "one major sponsor had threatened to pull out if the NFL were to issue a mandate to stand."  Shows the NFL is on a tightrope here and kind of stuck in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

It's also nice to see Jerry "I'm the ranking owner here" Jones get knocked down a bit.  I can imagine more than a few of the other 31 owners are getting tired of him hijacking the league agenda at his leisure.

19 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Saw this as well yesterday.  A great read showing how this issue is playing behind the scenes with neither side having a consolidated position yet. 

This line in particular caught my attention; "one major sponsor had threatened to pull out if the NFL were to issue a mandate to stand."  Shows the NFL is on a tightrope here and kind of stuck in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

It's also nice to see Jerry "I'm the ranking owner here" Jones get knocked down a bit.  I can imagine more than a few of the other 31 owners are getting tired of him hijacking the league agenda at his leisure.

With the renewed popularity of his team, I don't see him coming down a peg anytime soon, and I like his position.  During the height of this he went out and knelt with his team, then had them all stand for the anthem.

I would like to know the identity of said sponsor, sure would like to avoid them in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be at the game today. I am torn on the issue. I am a fan and will decide at the end of the year if I sell my psl’s or not. I think both sides have over-reacted overall. I have no issue with protest, just their choice of time, meaning during the anthem. I think there are plenty of players who respect the military.

It’s nice to be totally and completely idiologic, but if you ever want to leave the house and eat, you can’t be. At this point, it is salute to Service week. I am going to salute those who Serve and hopefully see a good game. I am tired of having to be pissed of by everything. I choose to do what I like and ignore as much as possible the things I don’t agree with.

Life’s to short to always be looking at the negatives.

• Like 1

I did watch the game on Thursday night because I wanted to see if the players were going to still protests and take a knee with it being Veterans day week. Well, the players didn't take a knee and stood arm in arm while Anthem was performed and they did at least show respect for the Veterans this weekend. I am going to see how they react today. If they take a knee again I will not watch the game..................:bored:

8 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I haven't watched a game since about half way through last season when it became apparent that the NFL wasn't going to do anything about these spoiled brats

7 hours ago, willis68 said:

Personally I'm done with the NFL it has been on a downward slope since I can remember I have always loved college football much more anyways 

Have not wasted my time about as long as old bubble head, and will not for a very long time. Always something better to do.