Got to meet !!

bersaguy

It was an honor to meet wade195(Doug) today. He is very much a gentleman a pleasure to talk with. We had a short but nice visit. It's always nice to be able to meet another TGO member and get to shake their hand. My Son In Law saw me looking at the Ruger rifle the other day and asked me if I was planning on doing some deer hunting and I said I don't own a deer rifle so guess not and he said would you go if you had one and I said I might go down to Ronnies (my sons place) cause he has about 4 nice ladder stands up and about an hour later my Tommy(SNL) came back and a laid the funds down for me to buy the rifle and told me Merry Christmas. So Doug was nice enough to bring it to me today and I am now the proud owner of a great 243 and enough ammo to hunt with................:cheers:

• Like 10
13 hours ago, Mark A said:

243 is one of my favorite calibers. That is a nice looking rifle. Apparently a keeper of a SIL as well...

Mark

Tommy is definately a Keeper son in law. Has been married to my daughter since 1995 after she came out of a very abusive marriage with 3 young children and he has been the greatest thing that could have ever happened to my daughter, grandchildren and now Great grand children. We use to fish a lot together out of my SKeeter Bass boat and I can still remember the first time I let him drive and taught him about how to trim and read the graphs. The day I remember more was the day he came by and asked if I wanted to go fishing and I was not feeling well and I told him to take the Skeeter and go. His face lit up like a street light and he said are you sure and I said yup! He called a buddy of his and ask him if he wanted to go fishing and they went. Before I get to far ahead he had driven the boat quite a bit before that day with me in it so I did not just turn him loose with one time behind the wheel. He comes and gets it any time he wants to use it now which because of his work is not much but Yea!!!! I do have a great son in law!!!! He called me the other day all excited to tell me his boss gave him a bonus and he just paid their house off. And bought me a rifle!!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Mark A said:

243 is one of my favorite calibers. That is a nice looking rifle. Apparently a keeper of a SIL as well...

Mark

Yea, I have never owned a 243 but I used to hunt with a buddy back years ago that used Remington 243 Semi Auto and he bagged a lot of deer with it. he seldom had to track one. The deer usually went down in just a few yards but he never shot at one more than 200 yards. He said the gun can reach out a lot farther and still be pretty accurate but was always concerned about the impact at over 200 and was concerned about just wounding one. When I will be hunting a 100 yard shot will be about the max because of all the thick brush surrounding the deer plots my grand sons made several years ago and all the ladder stands are about 60 to 70 yards from the plots. I need to get out and sight it in and see how close it is to plum on. Might try and do that this weekend at Son in laws house. He doesn't hunt so won't worry about bothering any Muzzle Loader hunters down on my sons place. My youngest 11 year old grandson didn't get one during Juvenile hunt last weekend. Got a shot at one but it broke and ran just about the time he fired. He checked to make sure there was no blood so he thinks it was a clean miss. 

He is going to try Muzzle loader this weekend with his oldest brother Logan is a small framed youngster so he will be using his dads Knight Rifle and first few times he practiced with it he was rocked a little backwards so he has been told to make double sure he is tied in stand before shooting it.....................:cheers:

Edited by bersaguy
10 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Yea!!!! I do have a great son in law!!!! He called me the other day all excited to tell me his boss gave him a bonus and he just paid their house off. And bought me a rifle!!

Is that good young man going to have a mortgage-burning party?

My family missed out on that... When the egg donor went to its fiery reward, my kid brother went through TWO YEARS unraveling its rats-nest of papers and bills, and ended up having to sell the place. It had nagged Father into a second mortgage, and after he passed, it apparently ran up bills on the 'reverse mortgage' scam.

11 hours ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

Is that good young man going to have a mortgage-burning party?

My family missed out on that... When the egg donor went to its fiery reward, my kid brother went through TWO YEARS unraveling its rats-nest of papers and bills, and ended up having to sell the place. It had nagged Father into a second mortgage, and after he passed, it apparently ran up bills on the 'reverse mortgage' scam.

Son In Law is very picky about keeping up with paper work and had all of his house papers in 1 folder in his file cabinet at his house plus another copy in my gun safe. He has the deed now and is buying a home safe to put all of his important papers in. He and my daughter worked very hard to make sure they never had to take out a second mortgage and never were late on any bills pertaining to their home.

5 hours ago, Sunfish said:

Save all the brass and I'll either put them back together for you or buy them. 200 rounds will last a long time deer hunting

I appreciate your offer and I will save all brass I fire but as far as relaoding for me. I just don't think I will live that long and still be hunting when I use what is on the bed under the rifle. I don't think I could go through 200 rounds if I lived to be 100. It was hard for me to go through a box without getting a limit for the year and have enough to start the next year with.