Cigars?

Tennessee has tobacco, certainly... but is it suitable for making into cigars? I've never heard of one, myself, from TN. 

When I do indulge, it's about once a month, phone pulled out of connection, situated comfortably, with a finger or two of Mr. Motlow's fine adult beverage  nearby. Partagas #10 Double Corona, 7.5" length, 48 ring gauge...with care, I can get two or three hours of good smoking out of it. At $11 a pop out here in Las Vegas, like I said, a monthly pleasure.

Comment?

I used to smoke cigars  on occasion, but was just a phase I went thru.  I ordered some from Thompson Cigar and other online/mail order places at times.  Usually had free shipping back then but don't know these days.  A good cigar and adult bev is a good thing, especially when you can be truly undisturbed.  I still buy one on occasion, but rare these days.

• 1 month later...

The tobacco grown in TN isn’t generally used in cigars. The majority of what is grown here is used in Smokeless tobacco, such as Chewing tobacco and moist snuff. However, the “dark fired” grown around Clarksville is also used as a condiment tobacco in many pipe tobacco blends and a couple of cigars. Most popular is the Drew Estates cigar “Kentucky Fire Cured” line. These are quality cigars with some dark fired tobacco. A less known cigar is the “Kentucky Cheroot” by Avanti cigars. Avanti makes mostly low end, machine rolled cigars similar to Swisher Sweets. The Kentucky Cheroot is a different animal. Think of Clint Eastwood westerns... this is what Clint would smoke. I like them. I keep a box around for occasional smokes. They are made of 100% Tennessee and Kentucky grown tobaccos and have a sweet, smokey flavor and I feel like a gun slinger when I smoke them. :)

9360c10ec225168f58103f21c1dec459.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Back many moons ago my paternal grandfather grew his own tobacco and hand rolled cigars from it. A few farmers still grow tobacco here around Cottage Grove and Palmersville area but nothing like before the great tobacco buyout, mostly dark fired.

20 hours ago, whiskey said:

The tobacco grown in TN isn’t generally used in cigars. The majority of what is grown here is used in Smokeless tobacco, such as Chewing tobacco and moist snuff. However, the “dark fired” grown around Clarksville is also used as a condiment tobacco in many pipe tobacco blends and a couple of cigars. Most popular is the Drew Estates cigar “Kentucky Fire Cured” line. These are quality cigars with some dark fired tobacco. A less known cigar is the “Kentucky Cheroot” by Avanti cigars. Avanti makes mostly low end, machine rolled cigars similar to Swisher Sweets. The Kentucky Cheroot is a different animal. Think of Clint Eastwood westerns... this is what Clint would smoke. I like them. I keep a box around for occasional smokes. They are made of 100% Tennessee and Kentucky grown tobaccos and have a sweet, smokey flavor and I feel like a gun slinger when I smoke them. :)

9360c10ec225168f58103f21c1dec459.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where would one find a box of these? I've never seen them.