Mass Shooting at Texas Church

AuEagle

3 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Prayers for the victims and their loved ones.

I've seen enough of this. Anybody got any ideas how to put a stop to it?

The common theme I see is mental illness left untreated. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's what I see.

So without some sort of access to mental health care nationally how do we stop this? Obviously there's no way to deny access to firearms to these same crazies, so how do we stop that?

21 minutes ago, Raoul said:

So without some sort of access to mental health care nationally how do we stop this? Obviously there's no way to deny access to firearms to these same crazies, so how do we stop that?

I don't know how to stop this, but am willing to do my part if someone comes up with a sound solution. I've seen more than enough.

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2017/11/05/news/texas-church-shooter-is-in-southerland-springs-tx-is-identified-as-devon-patrick-kelly/3188.html

Not sure how valid this is.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-renew-calls-for-gun-control-in-wake-of-texas-church-shooting/ar-AAutIkF?li=BBnb7Kz

....and it didn't take long for these SOBs to spring into action.

Edited by gregintenn

Prayers go out to all the folks affected by this terrible act and the community as a whole as in such a small community everyone will be affected somehow someway. Not going to try and offer up any solutions how to prevent things like this from happening................:wall:   

29 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I don't know how to stop this, but am willing to do my part if someone comes up with a sound solution. I've seen more than enough.

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2017/11/05/news/texas-church-shooter-is-in-southerland-springs-tx-is-identified-as-devon-patrick-kelly/3188.html

Not sure how valid this is.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-renew-calls-for-gun-control-in-wake-of-texas-church-shooting/ar-AAutIkF?li=BBnb7Kz

....and it didn't take long for these SOBs to spring into action.

Typical scum dem reaction to a tragedy. Take Freedoms away, I'm sorry to say I believe they cheer these acts so they can further their agenda.

Whether insanity, radical islam, left wing crazies or whatever reason we can never give up our freedoms for  so called security, Franklin said it best.

The best way to stop these acts is to be able to stop the threat if one arises. Can we stop all, no, but not being prepared to act is not acceptable.

The dem/lib/soc/comm depend on feasting on emotional responses when they happen. Keep a cool head.

Again, prayers for those affected & our nation.

• Like 2

There is a report that a neighbor chased the gunman off, shooting at him.  The report was a on a local news channel from Texas.  Did not see on the national news tonight.

Also, Google Street View for the exact location is missing (crossroads at which the church sits).  Can't figure out why.

Prayers for the victims and their loved ones.
I've seen enough of this. Anybody got any ideas how to put a stop to it?
The common theme I see is mental illness left untreated. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's what I see.
Not entirely disagreeing, but mental illness is the catch all make us feel better answer. Mental illness was a much larger issue in the past with even less "treatment" available and yet these mass shooting issues didn't happen.

Personally I think it's more societal issues merged with the above. Media/internet fame, entitlement mentality, relativism, post truth culture, mixed with a grossly over medicated childhood (specifically boys), and the demasculating of said boys I think all play the major role and are backed by psychological studies.

However, admitting that the liberal arts/feminism/prescription drug movement that created much of these issues is a failure, is far less appealing to the masses as mental illness ... that makes it not their fault.

That being said or church started implementing security procedures preemptively just for this reason.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, Smith said:

Not entirely disagreeing, but mental illness is the catch all make us feel better answer. Mental illness was a much larger issue in the past with even less "treatment" available and yet these mass shooting issues didn't happen.

Personally I think it's more societal issues merged with the above. Media/internet fame, entitlement mentality, relativism, post truth culture, mixed with a grossly over medicated childhood (specifically boys), and the demasculating of said boys I think all play the major role and are backed by psychological studies.

However, admitting that the liberal arts/feminism/prescription drug movement that created much of these issues is a failure, is far less appealing to the masses as mental illness ... that makes it not their fault.

That being said or church started implementing security procedures preemptively just for this reason.

You're closer to the truth than I was I think.

I wanted to blame it on hate and Godlessness, but didn't think that would be too popular.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Ugly said:

Why didn't anyone shoot back?

We didn't used to have these problems, perhaps the climate of hate has gone too far. This is sad, Absolutely horrible! 

They apparently did, it was just reported that "a local resident" acquired his rifle and engaged the shooter as he exited the church at which time the shooter dropped his rifle and fled.  The local resident reportedly pursued the shooter to the point the shooter crashed and was found dead in his vehicle.  

14 minutes ago, dawgdoc said:

There is a report that a neighbor chased the gunman off, shooting at him.  The report was a on a local news channel from Texas.  Did not see on the national news tonight.

Press briefing confirmed that a local citizen engaged the perp outside church with a rifle, perp dropped his own rifle (Ruger AR) fled in vehicle,  and local chased him with his own vehicle. Perp went off road where they found him dead. Unclear whether perp killed self or if local got him.

They won't name perp on briefing, but FOX is claiming Devon (or Devin) Kelly as per AUEagle's post above.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

As Oh Shoot said from press briefing that just concluded.  Like all similar situations, best wait for things to shake out to get closer to the truth.  One thing is that intense hate permeates our society.  Hollywood, movies, video games all capitalize on it.  Divisiveness of out society, combined with broken families, Godlessness all lead us to our increasingly dangerous world.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Ugly said:

Why didn't anyone shoot back?

We didn't used to have these problems, perhaps the climate of hate has gone too far. This is sad, Absolutely horrible! 

Reported that a citizen retrieved his rifle & engaged the shooter. Sadly, seems no one in the sanctuary was armed, that could have changed the outcome drastically.

Edited by AuEagle
13 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Press briefing confirmed that a local citizen engaged the perp outside church with a rifle, perp dropped his own rifle (Ruger AR) fled in vehicle,  and local chased him with his own vehicle. Perp went off road where they found him dead. Unclear whether perp killed self or if local got him.

They won't name perp on briefing, but FOX is claiming Devon (or Devin) Kelly as per AUEagle's post above.

- OS

They also mentioned that the guy was dressed in all black "tactical" dress and was wearing a vest. Now, who wears all black on Antifa weekend?

• Like 5

It would appear from what the news conference confirmed the local resident engaged the perp and evidently the perp was not expecting it and sounds like if he dropped his rifle I would say he was hit hard by the local resident. The resident persued and the perp crashed and was dead at the scene of the crash. Sounds like the local resident may have fire the fatal shot at the church and  perp died trying to flee and then his vehicle crashed............JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 2