Mass Shooting at Texas Church

AuEagle

1 minute ago, Ronald_55 said:

Not to be too stereotypical, but how could anyone not expect people to be armed...in TEXAS

Evidently the perp was not thinking like a Texan and not expecting a church neighbor to open fire on him either............JMHO

Sad day, praying for all involved.

and how to stop something like this, every adult armed by law. Do not how this would work as far as lawful. Do not think you can make anybody out side LEO or MIL carry.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, alleycat72 said:

From the net so...

antifa-terrorist-texas-church-678x381.jpg

Rumors & "social" media say, radicalized, antifa, atheist???

All I can say is he looks like the next words out of his mouth are, "Hello Clarice."

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 1

This was posted on Reddit,

"I knew this guy. He went to my high school. One of my closest friends dated him. It has been known for ####ing YEARS that he is insane and dangerous. Multiple instances of abuse, and stalking my friend for years on social media (scared the #### out of her). #### this piece of ####, but also #### the system that ignored all the signs. My entire body went cold when I read his name, but I was not surprised."

I have to agree with @gregintenn, it seems we're not doing enough to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people. I'm not sure how it can be done though. At minimum, we need better treatment. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Not to be too stereotypical, but how could anyone not expect people to be armed...in TEXAS

In a church....

Can anything be done for the bereaved? Will TGO set up something to be done in relief of families of the victims?  WHere do i send $? Would I could send me, but I cannot. (Drag not having a car.)

And YES, all the usual suspects are giggling over the gore, and trying to further their aims with the dead not even yet buried. 

M****RF****RS.

I think there is no one cause for this type of barbaric behavior. Mental health or lack there of, social media, participation trophies, everyone is equal, and I am sure there are a lot more contributing factors. 

So how to stop it without punishing the law abiding? First step is to pull the plug on social media. It is really detrimental to youth who have a hard time telling the difference from reality to reality TV. Get kids off the phones and TV. They really do not need to know what the Kardashians or anyone else is doing. 

Get our schools back. Fire the ineffective teachers or those that are programming the kids. 

Now get all of the talking heads to stop all the opinion spotting and giving these idiots their fifteen minutes. 

They all say we do not want to glorify these events when in actuality that is exactly what they are doing. 

I do not have the answers but I do know just talking about it is not going to get any change. We are close to a point of no recovery in this once great country. 

President Trump said the mass shooting was indicative of a mental health problem, not gun laws in the United States … “Mental health is your problem here,” Trump said. “This isn’t a guns situation. This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very, very sad event.” The president added that “based on preliminary reports” the shooter was “a very deranged individual.”

It sure is nice to hear that from a president, instead of the usual gun ban rhetoric... :)

• Like 2

Yeah great. Now how about we work on a solution. 

First step is to identify the root cause. Just labeling it mental health is not going to help either. Nice to see someone blame a person instead of the tool but we really do need a solution. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

Governor Abbott was just on FOX ad said that the LEOs are telling him that the good guy with a gun did shoot the bad guy with a gun which appeared to cause him to drop his rifle. It is not clear if this wound is what caused him to crash and die.

It is refreshing to hear this on most of the networks. They usually would have glossed over it. Perhaps a sign they are starting to hear American's displeasure?

OK, I can dream can't I.  :bowrofl:

28 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

Yeah great. Now how about we work on a solution. 

First step is to identify the root cause. Just labeling it mental health is not going to help either. Nice to see someone blame a person instead of the tool but we really do need a solution. 

It won't be popular, but instead of worrying about keeping guns away from those with severe mental problems issues, I think it's time to consider keeping these folks away from public. 

What scares me is the opportunity to politicize what constitutes mental problems.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
Just now, gregintenn said:

It won't be popular, but instead of worrying about keeping guns away from those with severe mental problems issues, I think it's time to consider keeping these folks away from public.

I would tend to think after enough death even the most liberal minded would see it might be time to lock up the loonies as it were.

Of course common sense is not all that common so there will always be some that blame everythiing except the real issue. We can only hope the numbers of those are dwindling after the reality of the DNCs escapades during the last election.

Cant we just call it for what it is. Domestic terrorism. You dont have to he a foreigner to commit it. Whats the difference between this guy and new york? One is mental illness and the other is terrorism? BS. THEY BOTH ARE the exact same thing. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, RC3 said:

Cant we just call it for what it is. Domestic terrorism. You dont have to he a foreigner to commit it. Whats the difference between this guy and new york? One is mental illness and the other is terrorism? BS. THEY BOTH ARE the exact same thing. 

Because it is different, terrorists are, for the most part, not mentally ill, they have an agenda and to further that agenda they use fear.  Mentally ill people, again for the most part, just latch onto something and commit atrocious acts such as this to go out in a blaze of glory, punish someone, anyone, for a perceived slight, or just for the pure pleasure of killing.  If some of the rumors about ANTIFA are true, then maybe this guy can fall into both these categories, as can some ISIS terrorists for that matter. 

Guys like Adam Lanza can be squarely put into the mentally ill category, as he had no reported political/social issues to advance.  Others like Emanuel Kidega Samson and Dylann Roof (Church Shootings) may both be Racism, while others well, it can be argued that you have to have a screw loose to do things like this but some actually have an agenda to push and choose murder to advance it.

• Like 2

This guy was convicted in a Military Court of domestic violence, did a year in a military prison and received a Bad Conduct discharge. Reports say that he bought the rifle legally. How did that happen?

I'll grant you that mental illness is a real problem in this country. But asking politicians to fix the problem opens up a whole new can of worms. Say that they do pass laws to get the mentally ill out of society. My guess is that it won't be long before many perfectly normal people will be facing false accusations and be forced to prove themselves innocent in a messed up system that has already declared them guilty. And just who will be charged with making the determination of if you're sane or not?  The probability of abuse and violation of people's rights is mind boggling. 

• Like 4
  • Moderators

I too think I would prefer to carry and attempt to protect my family and those around me rather than having a government/authority determine who is sane and who is not.

Should access to mental healthcare be a thing? Of course it should. Just don’t go creating a list of sanes vs crazies and try to limit rights based on which list a person is on.

Do we take away any other constitutional rights based on sanity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

Governor Abbott was just on FOX ad said that the LEOs are telling him that the good guy with a gun did shoot the bad guy with a gun which appeared to cause him to drop his rifle. It is not clear if this wound is what caused him to crash and die.

Late last night I was watching Fox before going to bed and it was aid a couple times that the good guy with a gun had a gun just like the bad guys gun so so depending on what kind of round was found to have killed the bad guy they should be able to determine if the good guy killed him cause he left his bad guy rifle at the scene of the church. If they find the good guy did it we will probably never know it............JMHO