Fighting Pistol

I will be attending on December 9-10 at Tactical Response in Camden. Just seeing if anyone on here will be attending. Looking forward to a good training experience. I'll be using this thread to post pictures, video if I get any, and my thoughts after I finish the class.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
The mindset lecture is straight out of John Farnham's book or at least it was when I took the class.  It is a weekend burning powder and nothing wrong with getting in some practice.

I liked the legal part a lot. While we can disagree on how valuable the training is, this is what I need after a long block of having no training that is mindset focused. I honestly don't think I shot more than 500-600 rounds but it could have been more. It's much more than burning powder. I've never taken a Farnham class but he's on my list of people to train with.

you know Yeager has a rep for having people downrange, throwing firearms to demonstrate how safe they are, etc.  Did you experience anything during the class that would generally be considered taboo, unsafe, or made you think twice?  Inquiring minds need to know.

you know Yeager has a rep for having people downrange, throwing firearms to demonstrate how safe they are, etc.  Did you experience anything during the class that would generally be considered taboo, unsafe, or made you think twice?  Inquiring minds need to know.

I knew about all of that and didn't care. No didn't have a problem with anything we did. I felt safe the whole time I was there and so would the other 11 who were there. I understand why I did everything that's detailed in the curriculum. While I may not agree with everything 100% the thing that was said was just do it for the class and then if you don't like it then to keep it in your toolbox.

7 hours ago, chances R said:

Since your location is Knoxville, check out Reid Henrichs of Valor Ridge if you are interested. Read his bio and insert "Tactical Response" where it says "commercial firearms training company in Tennessee". No need to go to Camden to get quality training.

11 hours ago, chances R said:

The downrange thing is blown out of proportion to what actually happens or at least to what was done when I took the class.. One of the instructors took pictures from between targets stands but it was after they had watched us shoot , he picked people that were not missing and was never in the direct line of fire.

No firearms were thrown...they had the shooters hold their pistol out in front of them and drop them. Then recover them and fire a drill. Not a big deal at all.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, chances R said:

Unless one is shooting a Sig 320

While I understand that a pistol CAN be dropped, I'm not sure I would want to PRACTICE it! Not with any pistol, Its a violation of the gun safety rule never point your gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy. Intentionally dropping the gun puts it intentionally out of your control....

No Thank You!

I have trained with many different instructors.  Never had even one ask any student to do something stupid.  As sidecarist points out, purposely violating a safety rule in a controlled training environment for civilians is just stupid and irresponsible.  If it must be done then a blue gun would be sufficient.

• Like 1