Looks like they got another store...On Target this time.

i still dont get why they dont put inventory in a safe, in a block room and use roll down metal doors at night. makes one wonder.....these bad guys are all doing the same stunt at every store they hit.theres a few good ways to combat this besides using concrete and steel........just sayin

Edited by Dustbuster

I know that my situation was different the gun stores but back when I operated my auto repair center back years ago. They broke into my shop 4 times in 2 months. 1st time they got some high end tools and second time they got some high end testing equipment. I was lucky enough to have the testing equipment located in a pawn shop by police and returned to me. 3rd time this got that same equipment plus a few other pieces of equipment. All the tool boxes where chained to the walls and locked up so they  weren't able to get any hand tools but I got tired of getting broke into and I had a few metro police officers that raded with me and I got one of them that wanted to make a few extra bucks to baby sit my shop a couple nights a week and he would sit up in a hill in a parking lot watching the shop. Well the 4th night he was there they showed up and he called for back up and he would down with a shotgun and when back up arrived he already had the 3 bad guys sitting on their hands in the parking lot of my shop. After that night I posted a sign that read Off Duty Police officer is security 3 nights a week, You pick the nights!! Never got broken into again. Ended up costing me $350.00 bucks paying him but ended my problems.

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 3

...Thats just down the street from me (Thompson Ln turns into Compton @ Memorial, Im off Compton)

Ive always thought On Target was a target with their big open glass front entryway... Either way, I hope they catch the bastards.. Not surprised that they didnt have better security cameras....

If I left my truck gun laying out on the dash with nothing but a piece of glass between it and a potential thief people would call me stupid, and rightly so. I'm not sure why it's any different for the gun shops that just have glass doors and glass cases, especially with how frequently these heists are occurring with similar MO. I'm not usually one in favor of more rules/regulations/laws/etc but at some point enough is enough, all these guns are going straight to the street for nefarious intent.

57 minutes ago, nightrunner said:

I can’t believe the ATF doesn’t require “secure storage” for all firearms at an FFL.

Please do not say that. We already see too many laws trying to legislate common sense and stupidity. Don't give them any ideas. 

Now, I have a hard time believing that the insurance company does not require it. I would just out of common Sense. I would not want any gun from my store being used in a crime. 

I can see a victim of a crime using one of the stolen guns suing over it. In this day and age you would lose as a shop that did not take every measure to keep your inventory out of the wrong hands. 

All of that aside it is the ethical thing in my opinion. But YMMV. 

On 11/6/2017 at 8:35 AM, n0rlf said:

Great pictures! I would thought a better camera system would have been in place. They are not that much more these days. Oh well, kind of closing the cell door after the criminal is out now.

You would also think a gun store has better protective measures than a glass door/window and glass cases. But....

• Like 1
On 11/8/2017 at 6:02 AM, Sam1 said:

You would also think a gun store has better protective measures than a glass door/window and glass cases. But....

Yeah, cause criminals would never think to drive a stolen care through a cinder block wall or come through a ceiling/roof ;) Can't really stop criminals, but glass is easier and cheaper to replace than walls. 

Only gripe I have with stores is when they don't use bollards in appropriate places. Of course then they do the above.  

On 11/9/2017 at 11:40 AM, Smith said:

Yeah, cause criminals would never think to drive a stolen care through a cinder block wall or come through a ceiling/roof ;) Can't really stop criminals, but glass is easier and cheaper to replace than walls. 

Only gripe I have with stores is when they don't use bollards in appropriate places. Of course then they do the above.  

Such great insight, I mean, if they're going to take it anyways, why even lock the doors since they're just going to break them?

If gun store sales have slowed down as much as gun sales in our classified section have slowed, I would not be surprised to find that more guns have been stolen from gun stores than have been sold in gun stores the last couple months. We all know the libs are going to point out that there has to be a corolaltion between the rise in gun crime and this influx of stolen guns hitting the streets. I think we all know were this is going to end and that’s with more gun control laws and the banning of certain weapon platforms. While I know there are many factors that play into the degredated direction our society is moving we all know the libs will see more gun laws as an easy visible vote getter. After all who amongst us is not for safer streets as we are seeing more guns on the street = more crime on the streets therefore fewer guns on the street = less crime on the streets. I’m afraid the ones who are going to pay the price are the law abiding gun owners. 

I have always tried to buy and support our locale gun shops but I have decided that I will only purchase online from this point forward. If local gun shops cannot support common sense gun security I cannot in good concience support them. I believe each one of us on this forum expect every member to practice common sense gun security and keep our weapons out of the hands of criminals. Why should we expect any less from a gun shop. I know security comes at a cost and we as gun buyers may have to pay more so shops can provide it but compared to the cost of a human life taken by a stole gun I’m willing to pay it. Everyday the news reports a shooting and sometimes 3 to 4 a night then I in good conscience have to say enough is enough. I’m sure each person on this forum could list at least ten things every gun shop could do to secure their firearms when closed. I know these things will cost money but many be in this world today that’s the price of doing business in that industry. If a shop can’t afford to secure the inventory then perhaps they can’t afford to be in that business. 

I struggle everyday to educate those I come into contact with about responsible gun ownership. It has cost me time, money to take people shooting and show them the joy of the sport. I spent time trying to raise two boys to be responsible gun owners and responsible citizens. I have given money supporting candidates who I feel will further our cause in politics. I bought a three thousand dollar safe to secure my weapons and ammo so why should I expect a gun shop owner to do less. I DONT expect any less! 

Sorry about this rant and thanks for taking the time to hear me out. Please don’t take me as a anti gunner for nothing could be further from the truth. I just believe that every gun store break in erodes our gun rights a little more. I have a grandson that I want to know the joys of gun ownership as I have but it seems less likely everyday. I just think if the politicians can’t figure this out, and gun shop owners won’t figure this out then we as gun owners neede to try to figure it out. 

Maybe I’m alone on this, but as I have said before I would rather have a gun stolen from my car than my laptop; they are cheaper and easier to replace. My vehicle is locked; they can’t take anything from inside it without committing burglary. I feel no special responsibility to go any farther than keeping them out of sight and locking my vehicle.

They are criminals; not me. I am a law abiding citizen.

I don’t want to pay the extra money for a gun shop to modify their building or buy enough safes to lock up every gun in the stores. I won’t do it.

There are plenty of things that could be done to catch this crew that we don’t need to go into here, but as a former cop I have an idea; catch them.

I don’t believe my gun privileges or my gun rights will suffer because of people stealing guns. But hey, I could be wrong. It’s just the way I feel. Gun stores are the victim here.

4 hours ago, glock55 said:

If gun store sales have slowed down as much as gun sales in our classified section have slowed, I would not be surprised to find that more guns have been stolen from gun stores than have been sold in gun stores the last couple months.

I think gun sales on the internet forums are down because people are buying new. There is no new gun shortage and the used market is still trying to hold new price. I been trying to buy a couple of guns and haven’t had any luck. When the used price is at or above Bud’s new price; it’s a no brainer. I think used sales will pick back up, but it may take a while.

Here are two articles one saying this year could possibly pass last year (the biggest year ever) and another blaming Trump for a gun sales slump. But they both acknowledge this will be a good year for gun sales.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/2017-is-second-biggest-year-for-gun-sales-ever-might-top-2016/article/2627883

http://fortune.com/2017/09/11/trump-gun-sales-decline/

While I agree about the lack of security at some gun stores,  it should not be mandatory, at least not legally.  But there are some inexpensive ways to mitigate some of these thefts, things like cables through trigger housings, trigger locks, which come free with most guns,  plexiglass enclosures etc, things to slow them down at least.  

I personally don't want anything to be stolen, and try to stay low key by not advertising a gun may be in the truck, and carrying it when ever possible.  But at the same time, I don't go out of my way to safeguard my stuff, because everything is insured, and replaceable. 

My local gun shop before I moved had a good setup. Their entrance was up a few steps so a car could not be used to smash in. They had steel bars on the windows and steel doors that had cross bar locks on the inside. Several area shops with solid glass protection were robbed up their also. Two of them went out of business after the robbery because they couldn't afford the insurance after a break in.

A gun shop of any size could not possibly lock everything in safes every night. The number of safes and the time to open and close everyday would be prohibitive.

• Like 1

Guns N More got hit again last night! 

Smyrna Police Department needs your help locating five suspects involved in a burglary at a local gun store. 

On 11/16/17, at approximately 1:00 am, Guns N More on Sam Ridley Parkway was burglarized.  Multiple shotguns and semi-automatic rifles, along with ammunition were stolen.  The suspects gained entry by backing through the front glass entrance of the business and were using a stolen vehicle from a carjacking that occurred in Metro Nashville on 11/14/17. 

The suspect vehicle is a gray 2013 Audi A4, bearing Ohio tag FTN-8532.  There were five total suspects involved, 4 masked males and 1 unmasked black female. 

If anyone has information that could lead to the arrest of these suspects, or has information regarding this case, please contact Smyrna Police at 615-459-6644.

If anyone has immediate contact with this suspect vehicle, please contact your local law enforcement agency right away.

• Wow 1