223 Suppressor Bore Size

I have a kit purchased from diversified machine, and yes I already have the stamp to be drilling holes.

I am wondering what size holes everyone has had luck with out of their builds? Should I just make all 6 baffles the same size or start small and end larger?

I’ve read some articles that say .250 is too small and others that say .300 is fine and won’t make it any louder. I was thinking about a 9/32 (.281) size all the way through.

f33c66c6b19f7905fea227ec0afce2d0.jpg06d12ad6b36ca89db70a3b72a29379b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the design.  What does the manufacturer of the kit say?  I have a 5.56 suppressor that you can drop a 9mm bullet through.  It suppresses very well.

I looked on the form1 board and found my answer... .060 over bullet size.

From what all I can tell on the form1 site, bore doesn’t affect the sound so much as length of the can and distance between the baffles. I pretty well had my brain scrambled looking through it all last night. Also trying to decide how I will clip the baffles.

DO NOT CLIP THE BAFFLES.

Most industry people I have talked to regarding clipping baffles have said it makes no difference. 

but if you still want to get a chainsaw file and file away.

I used a Bridgeport not a file lol. I have an uncle that said his 9mm can was pretty loud with just the straight through holes. He clipped his and said he could tell a difference. IMG_0153.thumb.JPG.d693e7e78f5d27a9e06fe74c9e93db0c.JPGc6cdc42cea59c4b9b26c5fecb625c2e7.jpg

• Like 1