Black Friday 2017 Deals

Thanks to y'all for posting these.  It is appreciated.  I have to say that the 'deals', themselves, look pretty disappointing this year - at least to me - but it is good to know that there is no need to try and shake off the turkey coma before the butt crack of dawn to try to get any 'deals' at those stores.

22 minutes ago, JAB said:

Thanks to y'all for posting these.  It is appreciated.  I have to say that the 'deals', themselves, look pretty disappointing this year - at least to me - but it is good to know that there is no need to try and shake off the turkey coma before the butt crack of dawn to try to get any 'deals' at those stores.

I thought it was just me getting older, but the deals on everything have gotten worse over the last 10 years or so

1 hour ago, jeff43 said:

I'd like to see some deals on bulk 7.62x 39 and steel case bulk .223 ammo.

22 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

That’s about the best 7.62x39 there is.  Far superior to Wolf or Tulammo.

Buy it.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, jeff43 said:

Good price. Do you think is will get any cheaper or free shipping around Thanksgiving?

No.  Not for that brand or from that seller.  SGAmmo never does free shipping but they’re one of the best outfits to buy from.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

No.  Not for that brand or from that seller.  SGAmmo never does free shipping but they’re one of the best outfits to buy from.

I've bought from them lately. Good pricing and good products. Sometimes see a free shipping ad from others(meaning price is hiked to include shipping in most cases) price that is really close. But as Garufa says, they are good to buy from.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:58 PM, Ronald_55 said:

I thought it was just me getting older, but the deals on everything have gotten worse over the last 10 years or so

I agree - and I don't think it is just from natural price increase.  I wonder what happened to the idea that gun sales are down since Obama left office.  With that idea in mind I was hoping to see some really good deals on firearms, ammo and related items this year.  Even on non-firearms related items and sales at more generalized department stores (as opposed to specific sporting goods stores) I am surprised not to see better deals, in general given that places like Amazon, etc. are supposedly putting such a hurting on brick and mortar retailers.  Maybe with all the closings of KMart, Sears and JC Pennys stores over the last year or two some of the brick and mortar competition has eased for the moment so they don't feel the need to offer such impressive deals.  Likewise, maybe the shuddering of Gander Mountain, altogether (pretty much) and the planned closing of some Cabela's stores after the Bass Pro buyout has taken some of the stress off of the big box sporting goods stores, as well, and - again - is confounding our desire for good deals.

Edited by JAB
15 minutes ago, JAB said:

I agree - and I don't think it is just from natural price increase.  I wonder what happened to the idea that gun sales are down since Obama left office.  With that idea in mind I was hoping to see some really good deals on firearms, ammo and related items this year.  Even on non-firearms related items I am surprised not to see better deals, in general given that places like Amazon, etc. are supposedly putting such a hurting on brick and mortar retailers.  Maybe with all the closings of KMart, Sears and JC Pennys stores this year some of the brick and mortar competition has eased for the moment so they don't feel the need to offer such impressive deals.  Likewise, maybe the shuddering of Gander Mountain, altogether (pretty much) and the planned closing of some Cabela's stores after the Bass Pro buyout has taken some of the stress off of the big box sporting goods stores, as well, and - again - is confounding our desire for good deals.

I think across all types of items it is because marketing people are using Black Friday more as a gimmick than a sale. Multiple times in the last few years I have bought things at the same or lower than the Black Friday price before the day. Unfortunately a lot of the buying public fall for it. If more people really looked around they would pressure companies into really cutting prices. I understand the business side too. They have costs, but these brick and mortar stores are going to have to be aggressive to keep up. Also, the old trick of having 3 of the item EVERYONE wants at a super low price is not a solution.  That used to be their way to set  good deals, but minimize loss. That just ends up with an angry mob of people who all waited hours to get the new it thing and are turned away. 

I find myself buying less and less on Black Friday each year. Really I only buy things for gifts that are really on sale. I also only do it online. I can't stand dealing with the mob unless I have to any more.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

I think across all types of items it is because marketing people are using Black Friday more as a gimmick than a sale. Multiple times in the last few years I have bought things at the same or lower than the Black Friday price before the day. Unfortunately a lot of the buying public fall for it. If more people really looked around they would pressure companies into really cutting prices. I understand the business side too. They have costs, but these brick and mortar stores are going to have to be aggressive to keep up. Also, the old trick of having 3 of the item EVERYONE wants at a super low price is not a solution.  That used to be their way to set  good deals, but minimize loss. That just ends up with an angry mob of people who all waited hours to get the new it thing and are turned away. 

I find myself buying less and less on Black Friday each year. Really I only buy things for gifts that are really on sale. I also only do it online. I can't stand dealing with the mob unless I have to any more.

I agree.  I also think that maybe the impact of online sellers like Amazon is evening out.  Further, I have noticed that, just in general and on a daily basis, Amazon doesn't always undercut everyone else on prices, anymore.  For instance, I was just looking at prices on the Schrade SCHF 36, 37 and 38 and was surprised to find that Smoky Mountain Knife Works (which, of course, also offers online ordering in addition to their brick and mortar presence) had the best price on all three in comparison to Amazon, Knife Center and Walmart Online.  Now that many of the traditional brick and mortar stores have developed stronger online presences - and because special relationships with the manufacturers and wholesellers or just plain, huge buying power allows them to sometimes sell for a little less - I am beginning to wonder if Cyber Monday isn't becoming the real measure of sales and good deals.

Speaking of Walmart, they have their Black Friday (and pre-Black Friday) specials up on their own website, now.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/black-friday/1076614

On 11/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, Garufa said:

I second that. They're dependable and always ship quickly.

The Remington $30 rebate per UMC Range Bucket begins today as does Academy's sale on the 9mm bucket for $69.99.  Limit 3 per rebate.

Just picked up my 3 buckets so after tax and rebate that's $139.39 for 1050 rounds. 

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-umc-9mm-115-grain-pistol-target-ammunition#repChildCatid=3376324

https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/rebate/file/Ammunition_BlackFridayRebateKit_LongForm.pdf

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
  • Moderators
The Remington $30 rebate per UMC Range Bucket begins today as does Academy's sale on the 9mm bucket for $69.99.  Limit 3 per rebate.
Just picked up my 3 buckets so after tax and rebate that's $139.39 for 1050 rounds. 
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-umc-9mm-115-grain-pistol-target-ammunition#repChildCatid=3376324
https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/rebate/file/Ammunition_BlackFridayRebateKit_LongForm.pdf
Thanks for the links. I just ordered 3 online since free shipping.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1