Heritage Rough Rider Revolver - Any Good as Cheap Single Action 22 Toy

PAULSHOOT

This Heritage is becoming a real pain  --- Sometimes I think it is shooting OK to keep it or not send it in for the keyholing problem (especially with STD or Slower Velocity). 

Then I was at the range Dec 13 and shot some Aquila Std Velocity (not too bad accuracy, but had some keyholes. 

Then shot some Remington Thunderbolt and had lousy accuracy and a lot of keyholes.  A LOT OF KEYHOLES.

Wish I could easily put pictures in this forum,, I would show you a pictures.

PS: I have not experimented or tried the required procedure - seems so easy on many forums to add pictures (wish this was).  

PSS: Heritage said send it back in as it should shoot up to 1300 Plus FPS AMMO. I really like messing with the pistol (old west style 6 shooter) and like the look of it and the price ($109 plus tax and background) is not bad if it worked.

That said, not sure worth the money to ship it in and HOPE THEY fix it. Temped to buy another, but maybe cheap is cheap and best to forget owning one. ???    

• 1 month later...

Heritage Rough Rider Keyholing seems to be reduced since gave it a barrel brushing with copper brush and lot of Hoppe's. 

I  shot 12 rounds of each (710, 1135 FPS)  and 6 rounds (1200 FPS) thru it with decent results. That said, still got a couple keyholes, one with 710 FPS, and 2 with 1200 FPS.

Then DANG it shot 7 more 1200 FPS and got 3 keyholes.   

• 2 months later...

There is a 16 inch barrel now -- would be like a short rifle. 

By The Way -- been shooting AQUILA Std Vel (1135 FPS) and not getting any Keyholes out of my short Heritage. Guess giving the bore  a good wire brushing helped. 

I would be haper if it would shoot 12oo FPS (have not tired that lately). It is cheaper as been getting Thunderbolt, 1200 FPS, and Blazer, 1235 for $12.99 plus tax for 500 rounds. That is less than $0.03 per round.  

Edited by PAULSHOOT
added information regarding Keyholing