Sign in to follow this  
1pointofview

New amc theatre in cool springs

Walked up to the door and they now have it posted. Took walk of irritation back to Car

talked with the LEO and he said it was not the local management 

sent nasty gram to the hq

• Like 1

I have not paid for a movie for years, we have access to them at home. Just another reason not to go out and spend ammo money on crap out of the land of fruits and nuts, where molesters are a protected life form.

• Like 2

I/we very rarely go to a theater. I really can't tell you when the last time was. Costs for the theater experience, with all the associated distractions, just have gotten too high for us. As RED333 says, almost everything I'd like to watch is available at home on some sort of pay service.

Now the exception...I am severely, extremely, badly wanting to go see Thor Ragnarok over at the Opry Mills. lol

I'm a Marvel movie junkie.:shrug:

If you want to go, get a Movie Pass. It's like Netflix for theaters. $9.95/month and you can go to almost as many as you like. The limits are 1 per day and can't see the same one twice. It's awesome. Plus you still get to rack up the rewards points at your theater, so it's not long before you're getting free snacks to go with your "free" movie.

All of the movie theaters are complaining about their attendance being down even with some of the block buster movies being shown. Maybe they need to realize that they have alienated 60-70% or more of their patrons with those damn signs and metal detectors might be why their attendance is down. I have friends that are not even gun owners that are boycotting them just because they understand that they have created a soft target atmosphere. I know that is why I quit going and now I just wait for them to come out on DVD!!!...........JMHO

I think the number of people avoiding theaters because of the gunbusters is a drop in the bucket. People aren't going to movies because they're expensive and because they can get a similar experience at home, without the $7 soda. 20 years ago a 27" TV was pretty good. Now 40-50" is a starter set. Add in the easy access to a ton of content from streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and On Demand (on top of the 100s of cable/satellite channels) and most folks simply have plenty to keep them occupied without having to go to the movies. Plus at home I can pause it to go to the bathroom and I can set the thermostat how I like it, and the movie starts when I want it to start, not at some predetermined time that I have to plan around. Still, there's something great about a huge screen and big sound.

I used to go maybe 3 or 4 times a year because of the cost. I was real choosy with the ones I'd go see. There were always some I'd like to have seen, but didn't want to spend the money on them. With MoviePass, I don't care about the cost. I've been to 4 in the past month and a half, and that's only because I've been busy. I plan to hit about 6 or 8 in the next month. Plus if I go to one and it's lousy, I can just get up and leave. It didn't cost me any more than the $9.95/month I've already paid, so who cares?

I don't know if their business model can hold up, but until it falls apart, I'm going to milk it for all I can.

ETA: I just asked my wife if she wants to go see Murder on the Orient Express. She said no. She said the theater is always cold and she's scared of going. First time she's ever said that. That got me thinking about the giant gunbusters on the doors of many theaters today. I wonder if they do more harm than good for the theaters. Not because the signs run off honest gun-owners (we're really a tiny part of the population), but because they remind people that they're entering a place where gun violence is a higher than average possibility, or is at least perceived that way.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

I think the number of people avoiding theaters because of the gunbusters is a drop in the bucket. People aren't going to movies because they're expensive and because they can get a similar experience at home, without the $7 soda. 20 years ago a 27" TV was pretty good. Now 40-50" is a starter set. Add in the easy access to a ton of content from streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and On Demand (on top of the 100s of cable/satellite channels) and most folks simply have plenty to keep them occupied without having to go to the movies.

I used to go maybe 3 or 4 times a year because of the cost. I was real choosy with the ones I'd go see. There were always some I'd like to have seen, but didn't want to spend the money on them. With MoviePass, I don't care about the cost. I've been to 4 in the past month and a half, and that's only because I've been busy. I plan to hit about 6 or 8 in the next month. Plus if I go to one and it's lousy, I can just get up and leave. It didn't cost me any more than the $9.95/month I've already paid, so who cares?

I don't know if their business model can hold up, but until it falls apart, I'm going to milk it for all I can.

Well if a starter package is a 40 to 50 inch TV screen I'm in the infant catagory cause largest one I have is 36 inch flat screen as it was the largest that would fit in my TV Home entertainment cabinet space.....LOL I have another 32 inch on the wall in bedroom which is where my surround sound and DVD player is because I watch most of my TV before bed time. I turn my one on in the living room and put Fox news on just to have noise in the house during the day but don't watch it to much. I am usually are on the computer or doing other things around the house. I probably have a 100 or more DVD's and I will watch one I have see a few times but still enjoy seeing them again. Like John Wick 1 & 2 or the Book of Eli and I have every Star wars DVD that has been released. I also have all the the Lord Of the Rings series which I enjoy  to name a few. If I spend very much time watching TV I might hang a bigger one in bedroom someday..................:cheers: