Anyone a member at akfiles.com

I know, weird question. I have been waiting to be approved over there so I can review a thread. It's been about a week now and no movement on my approval. What I am trying to do is see if someone else is a member so I could send them a link to a post that has pictures on it I need to see. I installed a TWS gen 3 cover on my PSA and now the bolt carrier is sticking at the rear and wont come forward without some extra help. One member has worked through the same experience and has pictures of what he did to correct the issue but like I said I can't view it yet because my profile is not approved. If you are a member and willing to go out of your way and help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

3 hours ago, seez52 said:

I'm a member, I'll help if I can

2 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Member's name?

Link to the post?

I might be able to copy and paste it into a PM to you.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291572

Mbm1024

Thank you for the help guys. The great PSA debacle continues..... even though this is not their fault. 

SOLVED!! (for me at least). There was no scuffing anywhere on the cover so it was difficult to find the problem, and absolutely drove me crazy! I wanted to post this in case it may help anyone else.

The problem was with the recoil spring retainer/ takedown button thing. See attached photo. The TWS recoil button has a ridge around the front of it. When the bolt carrier traveled to the rear, this ridge was going inside the back of the bolt carrier. The bolt carrier would then slightly lift, and wedge against the backside of this ridge. Hope this makes sense. And it only did this with the cover on/closed. It's unbelievable how tight it would wedge itself too, i had to smack it with a screwdriver handle to pop it free. All i had to do to fix it was grind/file away this slight ridge. Problem solved. This was all on the bottom of the piece (exactly where Rob Ski shows the mark on the arsenal recoil spring assemblies if you watch his videos). This is actually what made me think to look there, so thanks Rob!! Hope this helps someone else out!

attachment.php?attachmentid=26861&d=1489attachment.php?attachmentid=26870&d=1489

• Like 1
10 hours ago, seez52 said:

Ridge.jpg

Ridge fix.jpg

I want to thank you guys and who ever the member on Akfiles is. This fixed my issue, I spent a few days working on it and spoke with TWS customer service, which is awesome. They say this happens in very few rifles but recommended a way to correct it. It did not work for me but this guys did. Thank you again!

• Like 1