Looking for rifle ranges offering longer distances

cknight98

Hey guys and gals, I'm looking for a rifle range in East TN that offers shooting at longer distances. I'm not currently a member at any range or club. I know ORSA has 1,000 yard there, but my weekends are filled with work and I would never be able to meet there high power team requirements. I'm looking for somewhere to go shoot during week days that is further than 200 yards. I have looked at Tac2 in Greenville on their website and they show a 600 yard range but I've never spoken with anyone that has been there. 

Anyone know of any other ranges that offer longer distances? Or have any advice/thoughts? Finally got the rifle setup (Rem 700 AAC-SD in 308, MDT LSS chassis, Timmey trigger) and will but upgrading the scope once I have somewhere that goes beyond 200 yards. Currently it wears a Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10x and that does fine at the 200 yard berm...for now. 

On 11/15/2017 at 10:10 AM, Dolomite_supafly said:

There is a 550+ yard range in Sneedville. I haven't been in years but it was about a perfect setup for a long range. Last time I spoke to him he was going to try to extend that range some.

do you have a name of the place or number? google didn't turn anything up in sneedville.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:02 AM, peejman said:

I used to shoot at this place when I lived near Kingsport years ago. They have a 300 yd rifle range. At that time it wasn't exactly pretty, but it was functional.  It was a very shotgun-centric club.  

https://m.facebook.com/WildernessRoadShootingAndConservationClub/

I’m a member here. OP is welcome to tag along anytime. We typically run a waiting list of a year or two. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. Shotgun is the main draw but that means you typically have the pistol pit or on the rifle range to yourself. Price is stupid cheap, $65 for the year. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...