cknight98

Looking for rifle ranges offering longer distances

Hey guys and gals, I'm looking for a rifle range in East TN that offers shooting at longer distances. I'm not currently a member at any range or club. I know ORSA has 1,000 yard there, but my weekends are filled with work and I would never be able to meet there high power team requirements. I'm looking for somewhere to go shoot during week days that is further than 200 yards. I have looked at Tac2 in Greenville on their website and they show a 600 yard range but I've never spoken with anyone that has been there. 

Anyone know of any other ranges that offer longer distances? Or have any advice/thoughts? Finally got the rifle setup (Rem 700 AAC-SD in 308, MDT LSS chassis, Timmey trigger) and will but upgrading the scope once I have somewhere that goes beyond 200 yards. Currently it wears a Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10x and that does fine at the 200 yard berm...for now. 

chattanooga rifle club has 100, 200, 300 and 500 yards ranges.  but you can only use the 500 yards during matches only.  

There is a new range opening in Spencer called Dead Zero they have long ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a 550+ yard range in Sneedville. I haven't been in years but it was about a perfect setup for a long range. Last time I spoke to him he was going to try to extend that range some.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:10 AM, Dolomite_supafly said:

There is a 550+ yard range in Sneedville. I haven't been in years but it was about a perfect setup for a long range. Last time I spoke to him he was going to try to extend that range some.

do you have a name of the place or number? google didn't turn anything up in sneedville.

The owner is a guy named Odell. He also runs a go cart race track on the same property. I have no idea if he even allows people on his property any more.

GPS: 36.415399, -83.233773

On 11/21/2017 at 9:02 AM, peejman said:

I used to shoot at this place when I lived near Kingsport years ago. They have a 300 yd rifle range. At that time it wasn't exactly pretty, but it was functional.  It was a very shotgun-centric club.  

https://m.facebook.com/WildernessRoadShootingAndConservationClub/

I’m a member here. OP is welcome to tag along anytime. We typically run a waiting list of a year or two. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. Shotgun is the main draw but that means you typically have the pistol pit or on the rifle range to yourself. Price is stupid cheap, $65 for the year. 

• Like 1

Cherokee Rod and Gun Club in Sullivan County upper range is 3 or 400+ yards and has steel targets.