Bipartisan deal on gun control unveiled

8 hours ago, n0rlf said:

And to make any gains what do we need to do first? 

We must get rid of the career politicians. Not just for the gun rights fight but for all our other rights. 

Has this country gotten so stupid as to not recognize the problem? Some say it has, I hope and think it has not. There is still a chance. You and I will not see the change. Our children might not, but hopefully our grandchildren will. 

So other than posting on the internet what do we do. Create our own political organization and use it to fight these people? Well we see how that has worked so far. These are smart people we have to deal with. Most studied community organizing and how to here the sheep. They have done nothing else. They use that to their advantage. Perhaps we can break the paradigm that is so engrained in the sheep but it will be a long hard fight. 

I am not the person to lead this for a lot of reasons, temper chief amongst them. I am not a good one to handle stupid, it is just not in me. Ignorance can be fixed by teaching, apathy through coaching, incompetence through training and skill leveling, but stupid cannot be fixed. 

So guys and gals where do we start. I will help as much as I can. 

It's as simple as the tax code. All 78k plus pages. It could be one page with one line. 

Overall we have been dumbed down and are overwhelmingly controlled by the false estate. 

The first step would be to regain the message with truth and fairness. Don't know how that will happen. Journalists have been removed and puppets have taken over and a small handful have ownership. 

This bill? I just don't see how a lawless group making more laws to be ignored by more lawless drones will actually do the right thing. Call me silly but it just doesn't make sense to me. 

I do not disagree with most of you. Yes we have a system that has been corrupted. We need to educate folks so they understand the truth and to Ugly's point the journalists will not help as they are just talking puppets at this point. So how do we get the message out? Internet? And sound like any number of fringe idiot groups out there? We cannot use statistics as they can be manipulated to say whatever you want and most folks are dumbed down so the raw data would go right over their heads. 

Big question time here folks? Have we slipped too far to get back? I tend to think we are right on the edge and it could go either way. To tip it the way we think it should go is going to require a lot of hard, ugly work. To get there we have to start yesterday. Can we get it done at the ballot box, because the soap box is gone over the deep end. Only thing left from there is the bullet box. I do not think we are quite that far yet.

Again, where do we start?

On 11/16/2017 at 2:10 PM, nightrunner said:

Please explain how this is negotiating rights away. This is nothing more than feel good legislation, saying that they (Republicans) are compromising on gun control, when in reality it is just telling the ones responsible for reporting that they need to do what they are supposed to be doing anyways. I see no reason at all to oppose this, it changes nothing.

There are people who obey laws and people who do not. As far as I know, murder is already illegal. Any further gun laws will only affect law abiding folks. There's my reason for opposing it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 10:01 PM, Omega said:

Which is why we need to fight tooth and nail not to give away any more rights.  We give and we give but get nothing in return.  How about we "fix" the background check system by first, letting us with extensive background checks due to CCW permits, or one of several federal  security clearances to forego them. And instead of a BG system, how about a "Do not Sell" List, where a court order is required to be placed on or removed from, so once you present a proper ID, all that is required is to make sure you are not on that list.

In my home state of Arizona, we did not have to go through a background check once we obtained our concealed weapons permit. This is logical since our prints were already on file and we had already been " checked". Of course , we could hike the Backcountry carrying a rifle 365 days a year irrespective of hunting season.  I totally agree the current system needs to be fixed and feel good legislation is an open door to gun grabbers.