Gun season opens in the morning

Wife just had shoulder surgery this afternoon so I won’t be out tomorrow. Weather makes it not be that big of a deal anyway. I’ll be out Sunday Lord willing(and my wife too) and it looks too be a good day!

Good news is wife’s surgery went good even though she doesn’t feel too hot right now. So thanks to the Big Man upstairs for a quick recovery for her. Y’all be careful tomorrow and good luck

#wearyourharness

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

62 degrees and 13 mile an hour winds, if I had a lick of sense I would be headed back to bed right now.

I know what you mean. I just unlocked the gate and it is windy. I am glad my ladder stand is on a very sturdy tree. Lol

33 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

I know what you mean. I just unlocked the gate and it is windy. I am glad my ladder stand is on a very sturdy tree. Lol

I'm on the ground today, thank goodness!  I have a really comfy lawn chair, I've honestly killed more deer sitting in a lawn chair than a tree stand.  Each have their place.

I am such a dumbass. So I am at my truck trying to load my rifle. For the life of me I can not get he ammo down in the box correctly. It keeps getting jammed and wedged in crooked. I finally decide to use it as a single shot and drop one round into the chamber. The bolt will not close. I am pissed and then had a oh crap moment. I checked the ammo box and I was trying to load .270 ammo into my .308 rifle.

Luckily I brought my Colt Anaconda so I at least have something to hunt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

I am such a dumbass. So I am at my truck trying to load my rifle. For the life of me I can not get he ammo down in the box correctly. It keeps getting jammed and wedged in crooked. I finally decide to use it as a single shot and drop one round into the chamber. The bolt will not close. I am pissed and then had a oh crap moment. I checked the ammo box and I was trying to load .270 ammo into my .308 rifle.

Luckily I brought my Colt Anaconda so I at least have something to hunt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have for got ammo before, it happens.

• Moderators
I'm on the ground today, thank goodness!  I have a really comfy lawn chair, I've honestly killed more deer sitting in a lawn chair than a tree stand.  Each have their place.
I need a scope for my zero recliner!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm in my new hunting stand, no movement yet.  Heard a few shots around me so they're out there, I'll probably hang out until the weather comes in and beds them down. 

Realy liking my new stand though, better view, 360 deg, and since it's smaller I can look out all four sides with minimal movement. I've about killed 50 asian beatles though, darn things found my stand again, I'm getting a perverse sense of pleasure zapping these darn things.  They're landing on me, getting in my shirt and even biting, so it's on.

• Like 1

I saw two squirrels fly by. Gave up on the idea this morning. I have a ladder stand I was going to be in. Bad idea as it is moving a lot. Fat, old, bad knees in a moving stand 20 feet up. Hmmm. Nope. 

Edited by n0rlf
Spelling again
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Come on @10-Ring   We want pics. 

My friend dropped a doe about 2 minutes before this one came in.  Then 3 spikes came in and hung out for about an hour.  Would have stayed longer but with the high temps we wanted to get that meat on ice.  Lots of fun watching the spikes play after a successful hunt.

PU4oEAL.jpg

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

My friend dropped a doe about 2 minutes before this one came in.  Then 3 spikes came in and hung out for about an hour.  Would have stayed longer but with the high temps we wanted to get that meat on ice.  Lots of fun watching the spikes play after a successful hunt.

PU4oEAL.jpg

Nice buck!

50 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

PU4oEAL.jpg

Congratulations on that nice buck!

I'll be out in the morning. Told the family I'll just meet them up at the church. Got up at 3:30 this morning and checked outside, saw that it was indeed windy, and went back to bed. Taking a few days off this coming week to hunt. Hopefully it'll be worth it. 

@10-Ring, nice buck, will make a good euro mount.

I'm at my hunting trailer now, *no deer on the way in, hoping they will be moving better tomorrow morning.

*My hypothesis is that if their moving when I come in (night) they won't move on their own in the morning.  Last night seen a few, with one nice buck down by truck, not me, and another that was about to commit suicide by Mexican Yoda, (Toyota Tacoma) but changed his mind last minute, thank goodness, no way I could of braked in time.  

Edited by Omega
Speeling

A spike walked up rite at 8:00 and I shot him. He ran down into a hole and it took over 20 minutes to find him because there was no blood trail that I could see.  The bullet lodged a piece of the heart in the exit hole which was large. I was surprised that I saw anything as windy and warm as it was. There was a few at the locker but slow for opening day of gun. I just stepped out with my dog and it's windy again today but much cooler than yesterday. I think I'll hang out and watch the race today       

• Like 1