Got to meet!!!

bersaguy

I got to meet another TGO member today and had a very nice visit and completed a transaction in the process. Got to me AJ (Gotthegoods) and he is a great guy to talk with and do business with. I will let him tell you about our transaction if he chooses to but that will be up to him. If you have not met him and get the chance too don't pass it up.

Bersaguy       aka  Doug

• Like 3

Doug /Erik,

Thank you for the kind words, it is my pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet both of you.

Regarding the transaction,

Bulk Hungarian 7.62x25 brass, non corrosive. Cleaning out the closet sale price, under promised and over delivered!

We did some trading, my favorite, to complete the deal.

BG is know the proud owner of an FI Industries Mod D .380 with the coolest roll mark ever "Wash DC"

It fits Doug's needs as it adds another .380 to his standard defense caliber. 

I'm pretty happy as it took a neat gun from a drawer and gave it a new life in the daylight with someone who will appreciate and use it.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

Doug /Erik,

Thank you for the kind words, it is my pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet both of you.

Regarding the transaction,

Bulk Hungarian 7.62x25 brass, non corrosive. Cleaning out the closet sale price, under promised and over delivered!

We did some trading, my favorite, to complete the deal.

BG is know the proud owner of an FI Industries Mod D .380 with the coolest roll mark ever "Wash DC"

It fits Doug's needs as it adds another .380 to his standard defense caliber. 

I'm pretty happy as it took a neat gun from a drawer and gave it a new life in the daylight with someone who will appreciate and use it.

Will make a nice Night stand gun and will allow me to clean up my Model 85 and put it in my Safe and bring a Thunder to the place for me to lay my hands on in an emergency such as home intrusion or just going to the door at night to a knock.

4 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Great looking 380 Doug. Congratulations. I carry a 380 when I have to wear a suit. Stays in the door of my truck otherwise and keeps the Glocks company.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks and I don't own any thing larger than a 380 any more. I have own about all calibers and shot all calibers that a man might carry for self defense and I do understand many folks don't feel a 380 Caliber is effective enough for self defense but I think it is all in what a person is comfortable with and being able to put the 1st couple of rounds where they need to be is more important than the caliber. 22LR's have killed a lot of people..............:bored:  

.380, all of South America can't be wrong.

After checking out ShootingtheBull, I bought some precision one.

He did the tests, so it should work.

Runs reliably through my Kimber Micro.

Did not reliably extract from the FI (and no, Doug is not just not finding out as he reads this)

Comparing the FI to a similar era Llama i once owned, I think the FI is a little better.

Prag, thank you for your friendship as well!

1 hour ago, Gotthegoods said:

.380, all of South America can't be wrong.

After checking out ShootingtheBull, I bought some precision one.

He did the tests, so it should work.

Runs reliably through my Kimber Micro.

Did not reliably extract from the FI (and no, Doug is not just not finding out as he reads this)

Comparing the FI to a similar era Llama i once owned, I think the FI is a little better.

Prag, thank you for your friendship as well!

Now to begin with AJ did make me aware of the extraction issue with certain types of ammo and I also did own a couple Llama's over the years and didn't have any issues with ball ammo but they also did not like Critical defense style ammo rounds and would jam some but they would eat up ball ammo as fast as I could pull the trigger. I just got off the phone with a friend that is a gunsmith here that a bunch of folks know. He informed me that the issue the gun has is not the gun but the ammo. Like back with my old 22 rifle Sam said the older guns were not made to fire todays hotter ammo which most critical defense rounds are. They fire hotter and in many cases the action cannot keep up with it. He said that the FI should do fine using any type of FMJ ball ammo that is used mostly for target shooting but I can expect issues if I upgrade to Hotter ammo. I'm fine with that. I will take it to the range this coming week and run some rounds down range with it.

I have done some research of this particular FI and it appears that is was assembled in 1974-1975 before they changed some things on the newer versions.  I will talk with the folks at Triple K in California as I saw that they have magazines in stock for both the original series which is what I have and the newer version.

He is a picture of the 2 different guns. Mine does have the loop at the bottom of the grip indicating one of the originals.

FI styles.jpg

• Like 1
  • Moderators
Thanks and I don't own any thing larger than a 380 any more. I have own about all calibers and shot all calibers that a man might carry for self defense and I do understand many folks don't feel a 380 Caliber is effective enough for self defense but I think it is all in what a person is comfortable with and being able to put the 1st couple of rounds where they need to be is more important than the caliber. 22LR's have killed a lot of people..............default_bored.gif  
No one wants to take on my wife and her 22. Her shot placement is tight.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

No one wants to take on my wife and her 22. Her shot placement is tight.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

It really does not matter to me regardless of the caliber, I don't want to be facing the muzzle of any caliber, especially one a woman is holding...................:clap: I have had several LEO's tell me they would rather go up against a 45 Caliber than a 22lr with a bullet proof vest. I don't know how true that is but that is what I have had some tell me.

• Like 1