My next project - 22lr Gatling Gun

Hozzie

One of the reason I bought a lathe and mill was to do fun projects.  Decided that this is going to be one of my long term projects to hopefully complete over the coming year.  Just ordered prints.  It is for 22LR.  Perfectly legal with no stamps, etc so long as you use a hand crank.  No electronics or it becomes a machine gun.

Using the prints from this site if anyone else is interested.

http://www.gatlingguns.net/index.htm

i-xzzPNN7-XL.jpg

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 11

New career: specialized period movie prop guy, live action, why CGI just won't work.

With period correct uniforms spanning it's service life, not only the prop guy, but in the movie and credits as

Gatlin Gun Operator #1........Hozzie

Seriously though, a lot of history can be taught, from manufacture to end use for fun and organized demonstrations.

Good luck, please keep us posted!

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

New career: specialized period movie prop guy, live action, why CGI just won't work.

With period correct uniforms spanning it's service life, not only the prop guy, but in the movie and credits as

Gatlin Gun Operator #1........Hozzie

Seriously though, a lot of history can be taught, from manufacture to end use for fun and organized demonstrations.

Good luck, please keep us posted!

I am no trained machinist, so this will challenge me and test my patience.  I am looking forward to it.    I want to take my time and do it right.  Lots of research to do before even starting.

That's awesome. I think you're gonna wind up with more metal tools too. 

I have no doubt. Already have a rotary table and dividing plates along with most of the other basics, but I am sure there will be some specialty sized reamers, etc that will be needed. Good part is the prints have item numbers and places to buy things that may not be that easy to machine without very expensive tooling.
3 hours ago, Hozzie said:

I have no doubt. Already have a rotary table and dividing plates along with most of the other basics, but I am sure there will be some specialty sized reamers, etc that will be needed. Good part is the prints have item numbers and places to buy things that may not be that easy to machine without very expensive tooling.

I would love to have one of those. I don't have any metal tools.