Kel-Tec PMR-30 Fail to fire

MemHeli

Hey guys, I just picked up a new PMR-30 and took it out for testing yesterday.  Out of the first magazine I had at least 6 rounds that would not fire.  I'm using one of their recommended ammo's (in the manual).  The Winchester Super X 40 grain.  I realize testing a different ammo type is next up, but I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with this gun and have comment.  Is there something I can look at or check for issues here?  Feeling disappointed that this new gun is acting up like this.

pmr-30.jpg

I don't have one yet but have been reading up on them since I've seen more 22wm in the stores and the PMR has peaked my interest. 

Others are saying it needs a little TLC out of the box to get it to run smoothly. 

Main issues are the mags being a bit sticky, the little tiny feed ramp not being smooth and the chamber being a bit tight/rough. When I get one the first thing I plan on doing is polishing the chamber and feed ramp. 

Then go over the mags to smooth and lube em. 

Search the web for what others have done and from what I've gathered, if you do those things, it'll run like a 30 round 22 mag banshee should. 

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

I have ran a few boxes through mine with no issues...cant remember if I had any minor glitches or not, but if I did they weren't significant. I want to pick up the CMR-30 to go with it...and I saw some aftermarket magazine floor plates I liked that I would mind getting as well, except they aint cheap, lol.

I've had some ammo that would not fire on the first try. Seems rimfires can be this way. I've had a couple feeding issues with mine. I really like it, but need to do a fluff and buff I think it can be reliable. Magazine loading is a key issue for reliability.