A Week of Thankfulness 2017

TGO David

I'm thankful that thankfulness is not foolishness. And that fools are not thankful. And I'm thankful for foolishness because it's the only way I can survive being with my wife without banging my head on a cheese grater. 

Seriously though, I'm thankful for this bunch of guys on here where we can be wisenheimers to each other and still be on the same twisted page, because I found out long ago that if you can't inject humor into life you'll go nuts. :)

• Like 2
  • Administrator

Day Four for me...

I am thankful that, by divine providence, I was born in and live in the United States.  We have our problems but we are still a great place to live and with God's mercy we will continue to be a great place to live for generations to come.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am thankful for my son and his family, I am thankful for my wonderful son in law, daughter and their family. I am truly thankful for having a friend tell me I need to go and join TGO. I am thankful for all of the people here and I have learn much from them and a bunch about many of them. Most of all I am thankful to GOD in Heaven who allows me the priviledge he gives me to put my feet on the floor each morning and in some special way gives me reason to keep moving forward and not giving up!

• Like 5

I am thankful for my son today, he has and good Lord willing always be a true joy to raise and be with. He has a job at the same place I do, get to work with him on some days. He has grown to be a good man, just married to a good woman, and hopes of grand kids one day.:clap:

• Like 4

I learned today that I won't need back surgery. I'm thankful that I didn't damage something to the point of needing repair. All I need is a bit of time and rest. I'm thankful that I can heal and that my wife is patient enough to put up with me!

I'm also thankful for TGO while I have only met a few other members you all are helping me stay sane while laid up.

• Like 5

I, like many of you have said am thankful for my salvation, great Godly parents & the greatest wife, she's much more than I deserve..

But, I'm also thankful for trials & failures that hopefully made me a better man.

We are so blessed, I Thank Almighty God for all those blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, have a great day!!

Thanks for the thread too, it's great.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 3
  • Admin Team

Today I am truly thankful for family and friends. 

I’m thankful for the relationship my kids have with their grandparents.  

I’m thankful for recipes that have been passed down for generations through families.

And, I’m thankful for pecan pie. 

• Like 2

Today is for my Daughter, she and the wife cooking now, turkey in the fryer is mine to do. Our daughter is a joy and pain all at the same time, love her more than I can put into words. I give thanks for my Daughter today.

• Like 3
  • Moderators
Today is for my Daughter, she and the wife cooking now, turkey in the fryer is mine to do. Our daughter is a joy and pain all at the same time, love her more than I can put into words. I give thanks for my Daughter today.
I truly understand your statement. Two grown daughter. Loves of my life. I am thankful they both include me on a group text chain we've had going for years, and now they have included me in Snapchat. Don't really "get it" per se but I participate because it is important to them. God has truly Blessed.

Today I am thankful for my family. I'm also thankful for the privilege of being on this site, and for the folks on here being crazy enough to put up with me. 

And this'll sound kind of goofy, but I'm also thankful for my old lever gun and my 686. ;)

• Like 3
  • Administrator

Belated Day Five for me...

Today I am thankful for all of the many blessings that God has mercifully granted to me, starting with the gift of His son, Jesus.  I know that not everyone on TGO is religious or necessarily follows the Christian faith, but it is the lighthouse on the shoreline of my life.  There are times that I let my eyes drift from it as I navigate these waters, but normally I quickly realize it and scramble once again to put my focus on the light that I know will guide me safely home.

• Like 6

I am thankful for the free gift of eternal life.

My son received a call yesterday that his  paternal grandmother passed away 30 minutes prior.

I believe there was a party in Heaven yesterday.

Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ, thank you for your example so that I may have a moral compass and the strength to be a small,  encouraging beacon of light in the darkness.

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

Every family has crazy somewhere...

But, I am truly thankful that it’s far enough removed from both sides of my wife’s and my immediate family that I can enjoy two Thanksgiving dinners without the crazy family drama that so many experience.  

• Like 3
On 11/21/2017 at 7:45 PM, MacGyver said:

I’m thankful when I open my refrigerator. Every single time. Without fail.  It’s like I’ve won the lottery every morning.  

That almost sounds like I’m kidding, but I’m not.  I’ve been enough places in the world to know what a blessing it is to have safe food whenever I want to consume it. 

This x

Edited by btq96r