A Week of Thankfulness 2017

TGO David

• Administrator

As we rapidly approach the Thanksgiving holiday, I am going to challenge myself to come back to this thread each day this week and post something that I am thankful for.  I hope that maybe some of you will join me in this and post about things that you are thankful for as well.  Even if you can't do it every day, perhaps try to do it as often as you can this week?

To start off, I am thankful for the health of my wife and children.  2017 saw the addition of another member of our family.  We've had more bad experiences than good with bringing children into this world, but God has been merciful and given us a beautiful daughter and son along the way.  Zeke is the newest and he is a constant reminder of how amazing and precious life is.

How about you all?

• Like 3

I'll give it a shot.

I'm thankful for the positive changes in my life over the past few years. Grown up healthy responsible kids, a happy wife, good work and a new community. Any challenges I met along the way to get to this point are trivial compared to how happy I have becme in the last 5 years.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 2
  • Moderators

I am thankful for my wife and family. As we face some very difficult medical issues with my aging in - laws, I am thankful my wife and I are healthy. As hard as it is in dealing with their issues, I am very thankful they are still with us since both of my parents are deceased.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

I am so thankful for my family - for my wife and each of my children.  

I’m thankful for a church family that lifts me up and does life alongside me. 

I’m thankful for the family that I choose in my friends - many of whom I’ve known my whole life and some I’ve just known a few short years.  

I am thankful for many people I’ve met here - many with challenges and many with so much to share. Many of your families and situations are in my prayers. But, I am grateful to know you and to be known by you   

• Like 7

I'm thankful for a happy and healthy family. I'm thankful to be gainfully employed at a job I only hate occasionally that affords a comfortable life for my family. I'm thankful to live in a country that, despite its many problems, gives me the opportunity to be thankful for all the above.  

• Like 4

I'm thankful for all of what has come before during my life, as it has brought me to where I am now. Good, Bad, and indifferent I am Blessed beyond my comprehension and Thank the Good Lord for it daily.

This is a "normal" workweek for me as "We Never Close". ;) But you all are in my thoughts and I wish you each  a great Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

I'm thankful for my amazing wife. She's not just my wife but rather my partner and best friend. She makes me realize I need to be a better husband. She has to be the most easy going person I've ever met. 

I'm also becoming more thankful for our health. You don't appreciate this when you're a kid and feel invincible. This can change in an instant so I try always keep this in mind and be thankful for it. 

Lastly, my friends and family. It's nice to know I have people I could lean on if i needed help.

• Like 4

I am thankful that God chose to be merciful to somebody as unworthy as me, and to allow me to become one of His. And for His blessings.

I am thankful for my family. My boys have become fine young men. 

I am thankful to have settled my list of priorities: God; Family; Tribe

I am thankful to live in a country that produced men like Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton  

I am thankful that there are still people who'll do to ride the river with (some here will understand that).

I am thankful for good friends, not just friendly aquaintances (there's a difference). Also thankful for knowing the difference.

And I'm thankful for the simple things in life - you know, like nice wheel guns!

• Like 3
  • Administrator

Day Two for me...

I am thankful for having been raised by good, strong, God-fearing men.  My father and grandfather are the male role models in my life.  I learned about boundless, unconditional love and support from my grandfather.  I learned about forgiveness and the value of presenting yourself as a humble, broken sacrifice to God so that He can do good things with you and through you from my dad.  I learned about honor and service to our country, and about the value of hard work and the endless possibilities of what can be done with your hands and a little bit of knowledge from both of them.

It is not bragging when I say that I can build or fix almost anything, teach myself or learn from others almost anything, and be a figure of calm and order in almost any chaotic situation.  I say it humbly and with great thankfulness and some reverence toward my dad and grandfather for pouring themselves into me over the course of some 30 years.  Were it not for them, I wouldn't be a fraction of who I am.  I can only hope and pray that I am able to pass these things along to my own kids.

• Like 4

I'm thankful for getting to grow up around my grandfather. A strong, Godly, kindhearted man. Taught himself to read using the Bible. Worked hard all his life. Didn't depend on anyone, but everyone could depend on him. A fine example of a real man. 

• Like 2

I'm grateful my kids get to grow up with both grandfathers and their great-grandfather.  I never knew either of my grandfathers, but my wife's granddad is still going strong, he'll be 91 in 3 weeks.  

Since I never knew my dad's dad (and neither did any of my cousins), I've started a little project to learn more about him by asking Dad and all his siblings to send me stories about him. I intend to compile them into a document and share with the family.  

The idea for that was born at a family reunion. One of my uncles had lots of old family photos digitized from slide film and made collages for the reunion.  I had in my head that my grandfather was this stern disciplinarian type, but the photos illustrated a very jovial person. That contradiction made me realize that I had no idea who he really was, so I asked for stories.  I've gotten several and they've been great to read.  

• Like 2
  • Administrator

Day Three for me...

Today I am thankful for my wife.  She has an indomitable spirit, is incredibly talented and creative, as smart as they come and my best friend.  I'd say the only thing wrong with her must be her eyesight since she made an assessment and for some reason decided I looked good enough to have to look at every day.

She's the best mom that our kids could ever hope to have and sacrifices of herself daily for them (and me).  I see so much of her in our daughter already, and am sure I'll see it in our son as he grows up, that I know they will do just fine in life and genuinely be good people.  That's all any of us can hope for, for our kids, I think.

• Like 2
  • Admin Team

I’m thankful Baja Burrito.  And fruit tea.  

I’m thankful when I open my refrigerator. Every single time. Without fail.  It’s like I’ve won the lottery every morning.  

That almost sounds like I’m kidding, but I’m not.  I’ve been enough places in the world to know what a blessing it is to have safe food whenever I want to consume it. 

I can provide for my family and not have to worry about where our next meal is coming from.  

That is a huge blessing for which I am thankful.  

• Like 4
  • Moderators

I'm thankful my in - laws have improved over the last few days. For so many blessings I can't begin to list them all. Thankful for such an internal peace from knowing God is always in control in this crazy world.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

• Like 2