gunshow knoxville?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife

Drill weekend. Stop by the TNSG booth and say hi to the guys/gals there. Who knows one of you may want to discuss the TNSG further with one of the recruiters.

Hey, John...love that avatar from President's Analyst...

Hey, looks like I'll be there meeting Mike.357 and maybe Suntzu about 1.

I'll wear my FedEx Ground (emeritus) jacket, so if any of y'all see me, introduce yer own selfs.

- OS

I'll be on the look out.

From the President's Analyst:

Bing Quantrill: Hey, Dad. You want the Magnum .357 in the house?

Wynn Quantrill: Darn it, Bing. I told you not to play around with my guns. No, I do not want that in the house. That is my car gun. My house gun is already in the house. Now, put that back in the glove compartment, and don't let me catch you fooling with my guns again.

Guest 70below

I believe that Seaslug will be there around 2pm, so you all may run into him. Be sure to remind him that he's no longer "tacticool", that will probably make him leap into action and buy a new gun.

I may be out there, but only if I can talk myself out of taking the Savage '06 out to the range to Christen it.

Went as planned with SUNTZU and OhShoot. Had a great time. Maybe it was the company I was keeping or the little something something that followed me home but the gun show was a good one.

Prices seem to be getting back to normal on pistols and there was a large variety of them available. AK's and SKS were still bringing a premium. Not gonna pay 450 for a SKS or 750 for an AK, just ain't gonna do it. Ammo continues to be out of this world. I guess it is something we will all have to get used to. Doubt it is gonna come down much any time soon.

Lots of tables, and yes there were the typical t-shirts,beef jerky and knives. But they are okay to look at too. Saw a few familiar faces and met a few new people.

Got to meet Garufa not long after going in. Met the fine guys at the TNSG booth. Just missed Seaslug somehow but SUNTZU talked to him.

The place was packed when we went in a little before 1PM, but by about 3 it had thinned out nicely.

it was fun and I look forward to going to another.

Oh yeah, the little something something that followed me home is a NIB Springfield

XD45, :P This emoticon pretty well describes how I feel about it ;)

Hoping to put some rounds through it tomorrow.

Yep, had a large time with Mike.357 and Suntzu. We didn't get arrested or anything, either, always a plus.

Garufa only other TGOer there I knew.

Mike's XD .45 will be a dependable and ongoing pleasure for him, I'm sure! That's what I'd buy if I wanted to add that caliber myself.

And yeah, ammo was scarce and expensive and anything EBR looking seemed to be joke priced.

Think it's still:

"how much for your hot dogs?"

"one million dollars"

"Jeez, how many do you expect to sell for THAT price".

"One, I hope."

New handguns were pretty plentiful, and probably much more so before noon, as we were in the second wave and even then, backtracking to look at a gun or two again, they had been sold while we were there. But new handgun prices, on the models I'm familiar with, were right on par with storefront prices in general, down some 25% since Crazy December. There were many very popular carry models just not there at all, though, like the elusive LCP, didn't see hardly any Kel-Tecs, no XD Sub Compacts. Lots of S&W airweights, though.

Lots of folks walking around with stuff, mostly long guns, which I don't generally know enough about to comment on.

If I were loaded with dough, a feller with a minty looking stainless 12ga S/S Stoeger coach gun caught my eye though, $300, might have taken somewhat less.

And like Mike, I scored!

Finally found my NBR*

*Naughty Black Rifle

Not EVIL, but definitely NAUGHTY.

Pix and report once I shoot it some...

- OS

Guest 70below

I'm sorry to have missed ya Mike.357 and Ohshoot, good to see you though Suntzu. I didn't leave with much. Picked up an East German bakelight AK-74 mag, and some reloading supplies to start putting together some match loads for my '06. Didn't get any great deals, but some I could live with. Hope you all faired better and scored some deals!

We hit the show around 9:40 and left around 1:00 I guess when it started to get thick. Wouldnt you like to pimp slap the taste out of the mouths of these num nuts that want to group up in the middle of the lane and talk and wont move even with people bouncing off of them to squeeze by:screwy:. I did see a few that I would like to have brought home. I went to check one that I have seen the last few shows, a Kimber 45 ( would rather have a 40) and saw the guy writing on the ticket as I walked up and thought great hes marking it down a little NOT. He had just marked it up $175 bucks from the past shows I mean hay if it wasnt selling for $800 why try $975, just smiled and kept walking. I found one big dude in an orange sweat shirt with a compact Colt 1911 for 600 that I should have talked too a little more but to late now. I did hear there is a show in Kingsport next weekend so maybe I'll get a new toy then:D. hope the XD works out good for you big guy.

Good shootin

sorry I missed you too 70below, i have heard rumors that Seaslug is totally untacticool anymore. I really did not believe it and wanted to see for myself. SUNTZU verified some horrible truth though. :D

Rando said

num nuts that want to group up in the middle of the lane and talk and wont move even with people bouncing off of them to squeeze by

:screwy: uhhhh. :doh:I see we sort of met yesterday. Next time we will need a proper introduction. It was SUNTZUS fault, I will be flat out honest about that. :eek:

Edited by Mike.357

No dude it was today( Sun.) around 1:00 just past the door where the sign up table is five or six guys shootin the bull in a little circle instead of trying to move out of the way. The main one got moved over 6 or 7 times but kept stepping back out into the road and you had to scrub the table to get past him. I saw one young lady pushing a stroller take out one of his ankles in front of me and he still stepped back out with plenty of room to the side of the group. Would have been nice to really run into some of the people from TGO and talk for a while.:screwy:

C U Later, Rando

maybe next weekend at Kingsport, Meadowview or so I hear

I went Sunday.I was looking for a SS bull barrel mark ll Ruger.No one walking around had one,thought that was strange as most of the time you see several.The 2 or 3 I saw at dealers tables was priced way to high 450.00 to 500.00.I ended up getting a blued bull barrel mark lll from a dealer that cut me a deal at 299.00

I went Sunday.I was looking for a SS bull barrel mark ll Ruger.No one walking around had one,thought that was strange as most of the time you see several.The 2 or 3 I saw at dealers tables was priced way to high 450.00 to 500.00.I ended up getting a blued bull barrel mark lll from a dealer that cut me a deal at 299.00

You weren't toting a tapered barrel mk 2 for sale were you ? wearing an orange sweater with glasses ?

just think I ran into you and didn't know you were TGO, lol !

sorry I missed you too 70below, i have heard rumors that Seaslug is totally untacticool anymore. I really did not believe it and wanted to see for myself. SUNTZU verified some horrible truth though. :up:

Rando said

;) uhhhh. :doh:I see we sort of met yesterday. Next time we will need a proper introduction. It was SUNTZUS fault, I will be flat out honest about that. :P

Yeah, maybe it was my fault, but I can't help it. Wait, yeah I can, but I don't give a damn. My three dollar hot dog was kick A$$. I picked up some new AK mags, some glow in the dark paint that I haven't tried yet, and some other souvenirs. I haven't tried my MRE yet, have you Mike?

Sounds like a lot of fun, guys, sorry I missed it. I hope they're still having gun shows when I get home. I'm one of those oddballs that prefer the older, used stuff to the new most of the time, and gunshows are really the best place for that sort of thing...

Mark when you get back we will have to hook up to go to a show. I don't think the Big O can kill them off. He might be able to stop FTF sales ( doubting that too) but the shows will go on.

someday I forsee him trying to stop FTF sales, but an enterprising FFL could then make a killing by doing transfers on the cheap. Keep the price real low and make up for it in volume.

Daniel I ate the MRE for lunch yesterday. It was definitely worth five bucks. I would have spent more than that going out to get something. Might go ahead and buy a case of them next time just to stash away for camping or to carry in the truck for emergencies. Did you open yours up? Lots of stuff in it.

sorry I missed you too 70below, i have heard rumors that Seaslug is totally untacticool anymore. I really did not believe it and wanted to see for myself. SUNTZU verified some horrible truth though. :D
Wait...what?! Why am I just now hearing this?! Crap! I need to find something to put a red-dot on--STAT!

No, not yet. I forgot about the darn thing. I'm thinking about using it as a bookend. I can lean my Curious George Gets Unemployment book against it. I'm not sure when the next show is scheduled.

Guest 70below

I haven't had an MRE in quite a while.....I miss the LRP's and C-Rat's though.....you haven't lived until you've had a LRP (Lurp) complete with chicklets and tobasco sauce. You probably won't live long after your 50 year old C-Ration.....lol.