New Gun Range in Memphis

TN_Jim

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Anything in the former Rangemaster building these days ?

As far as I know Global Training Academy & Indoor Shooting Range is there.  I have not been there Rangemaster closed, but it looks like there have been globtrainacadFacebook posts about the current occupant.

globtrainacadglobtrainacad

globtrainacadglobtrainacad

Edited by Ski
Tried to add Facebook link

$12 for a half hour vs $12 for a hour at Range USA. It is a plus that they have a rifle range but I usually go to the gun club for rifles. I’ll definitely go and check it out but the prices are probably going to steer me back to Range USA or Top Brass in Millington.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hadn't heard about this place until reading this, I am in Collierville and it looks to right there with Range USA.  I'll have to check it out and see what is going on there as well, always good to have more ranges and see if there is another decent gun shop in the area, more 2A folks the better.  From the pictures on the website it looks like a pretty nice place.  Fortunately, we have some family land where I do most of my shooting, always have bad experiences at these in-door ranges, waiting in long lines and the last 2 times I have been to Range USA the folks next to me have ended up pointing a loaded firearm at me, at which point it was time for me to go. 

Good luck to them!

• Like 1

I was out and about today, so I stopped by to check the place out. Brand new, all squeaky clean and bright. Well organized and seems to be well stocked with guns ammo and accessories.  As soon as I walked in there were salesmen asking if they could help me. There weren't but about two customers including me. One salesman even followed me around for a few minutes reading an advertising card to me about their mission and prices. :blah: I just ignored him. 

Range looked pretty good, but then it is brand new. Only two guys shooting and apparently they needed the practice from looking at their targets. :rolleyes:

As I expected, their prices seemed a bit high, but not outrageous. Most guns were MSRP or close to it as near as I could tell. I'm needing a new set of electronic earmuffs and they had the same set I've been looking at, but they were $5 higher than Bass Pro. Wilson 1911 magazines were $6-7 higher than I normally pay on the internet. Those are the only prices that really stuck out to me. But as I said, everything seemed a bit high. Although, while I was there some guy did buy a fancy AR. I didn't pay attention the the brand or price. So they are getting some sales. 

One thing that bothered me was there were no used guns at all. My interests lie mostly in older guns. Maybe in time they'll take in some trades? :shrug:

It is a nice place and I wish them success. But I won't be doing much business there. 

• Like 1