Hello from Idaho - Soon to be Tennessee

I'm just stopping by to say hello.

I'm currently living in Idaho, but soon to be in Tennessee.

I'm a moderator on a couple of forums, and an administrator on one other.  I know how to play nice, and work at staying out of trouble.

My main interests are military rifles, and anything made by S&W.

BadDog.JPG

• Like 1

Looking at the eastern edge.  My target is Sevierville, but anywhere in that part of the state should work for us.  We're moving back east to be with our families.  We've been out here for 15 years, and our children and grandchildren are just too far away.  Tennessee will put us geographically in the middle between the Yanks and Rebels.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, gearchecker said:

Tennessee will put us geographically in the middle between the Yanks and Rebels.

That can be a dangerous place to be! :D  Welcome to East Tennessee.  Save closet space when you get here and leave your "Idaho Winter" stuff boxed up in the garage.

• 10 months later...

Well, I finally made it to Knoxville about 6 weeks ago, and totally forgot I had joined the forum here.  We have purchased a home, and not soon enough for me.  I finally landed a great job up near Maynardville.  I'll be starting sometime in the next 2 weeks, and finally turning an income.  My wife will be glad to see me gone and finally working, because I've been driving her crazy.

I'm still hoping to buy a piece of land that's deep enough that I can get out my 50 BMG and throw some lead downrange.  None of the ranges close allow anything that big, so for now, it's locked away and hopefully not rusting much.

I'll be back, and hope to meet a few of you here online, and maybe even face to face.

Regards,

Gregory

• Like 1

Did you check Oakridge sports men's association. They used to allow 60's on their 1000 yard range. I don't know for sure. I'm like the rest of these guys and don't understand why you would leave Idaho. If you're in maynardville good luck being an outsider.

Welcome Gregory.

I don't believe ORSA will allow 50 BMG... 'cause fudds... I'm a member and there's some great folks there, especially on the Action Pistol side of things.

But I do believe Windrock Range in Oliver Springs will welcome you. But I don't believe Windrock has the land to really let you stretch your legs with your 50.

Having your own piece of property would be ideal. Best of luck and glad to have you aboard.