Experience with Osprey 45 on Glock 19?

The slide is not going all the way back into battery. I've Googled and YouTube and found several different things but would like to talk to somebody here that has knowledge about it. It does better with 147 grain but not always and it's really bad with 115 grain. Heavier spring lighter springs? Any help would be appreciated.

My experience is glocks do not suppress well. Ditched my g19 and got a HK VP9 and love it. Loved it so much I also bought a 45ct.  I have the HD45 and love it. Thinking about getting the osprey next, as all my mounts will work with it too. 

• Like 2

Sorry, to answer your question...do you have a trigger kit in it or is it factory? I had the same issue with both of my glocks when they had lone wolfs and ghost trigger kits. I put the factory triggers back in them and they cycled fine after that.   As long as it’s oiled up good.  

• Like 1

I don’t know the weight, but I tried a new spring with ss rod and it didn’t help me. The only thing that helped was going back to the factory trigger. I kept my g22 just to have a 40 host but i can’t run any trigger but the factory.  I doubted my gunsmith buddy when he told me to switch back, he was correct though.  

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, my82cam said:

Good, glad it helped!  I hate the stock triggers on the glocks.   I still have my threaded g22 but manly shoot my HKs now, they do fantastic with a suppressor

They do indeed...I got a USP Compact 45 and Tactical 45 both with threaded barrels....16x1 LH...I use a TiRant45m and surprisingly the shorter barreled compact shoots softer...but both perform very well...im thinking about selling the tactical though now that I got a vector with a 5.5" barrel.

I don't know how it changes anything. I do know for the first couple hundred rounds the slide would not close completely with the zev trigger but would with the stock trigger. Useless information I know. It works fine with both now.

• Like 2
On 1/27/2019 at 9:13 AM, DaveTN said:

Why would the trigger impact the operation with a suppressor? :confused:

It's magic! Seriously, I can't explain how, but the aftermarket trigger stops it from going into battery all the way.  Maybe the weight of the suppressor hanging on the barrel, mixed with different spring pressure is the issue?  I put hundreds of rounds through mine and it never worked.