Bail Out Bag

After recently attending Versatile and Critical Rifle Applications at Hill Top Firearms Training Center, I realized how much I did not like chest rigs. For the majority of the course, I ran magazines out of my pockets and I could not truly tell a difference in speed between the pockets or chest rig. I do know I move a lot better without stuff on my chest. So due to these revelations, I decided that due to what I do and where I stay for most of the year, it would behove me to go to a quick grab and go option. This brought me to either a bandolier or a bail out bag/active shooter bag. Because I don't want more stuff on my chest, the bandolier is out.

Now excuse the long winded explanation but could anyone who has experience using one of these bags please tell me what they think of it. Right now I believe the best two options are the SOE active shooter bag or the US Peacekeeper Rapid Deployment bag. I would appreciate pictures and advice on setting one of these bags up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Do you want a waist bag, shoulder strap or back pack? What do you want to carry?
At $200 that “active shooter bag” better come packed with Pmags and medical supplies. default_biggrin.png
I want a shoulder strap. That's why I've settled on one of those bags. 3 mags and then everything else will be medical. I do like that the inside of the active shooter bag is covered in velcro so that I can add all sorts of things inside if I want.

I have a 5.11 Push bag.  

http://www.511tactical.com/push-pack.html

It started life as "daddy's diaper bag" and worked quite well at that. Since I don't have to change diapers anymore :woohoo: it now lives in my vehicle as a get home bag. I like that it's fairly small since it's not absurdly heavy when jammed full, but it's big enough for the essentials.  

Edited by peejman
Added link

After some more research and seeing SOE has Typhon and coyote in stock, I'm having an easier time purchasing one. Although I don't like the price tag I do understand why it costs so much. If I don't like it I can always sell it and I won't lose any money. The more I dug into it it seems like whatever I configure isn't going to be an active shooter bag or bail out bag but instead what I'll train and use. I'll run two rifle mags, two pistol mags, a crap ton of tourniquets, and two ifaks. For me, I feel like this best suits my needs. Although I'm not 100% on the decision I will be doing some more research in between now and probably the first week of December.

On 11/30/2017 at 1:01 AM, shotgunshooter said:

After some more research and seeing SOE has Typhon and coyote in stock, I'm having an easier time purchasing one. Although I don't like the price tag I do understand why it costs so much. If I don't like it I can always sell it and I won't lose any money. The more I dug into it it seems like whatever I configure isn't going to be an active shooter bag or bail out bag but instead what I'll train and use. I'll run two rifle mags, two pistol mags, a crap ton of tourniquets, and two ifaks. For me, I feel like this best suits my needs. Although I'm not 100% on the decision I will be doing some more research in between now and probably the first week of December.

I found a cheaper alternative to the SOE bag. It's not $200 but $25.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939579089/midwayusa-bail-out-bag