The Force was strong with this one!!!

bersaguy

Want ya'll to meet Obie Wan. The lady at the Rescue Center ran out of females like I was looking for after bringing 5 to visiting room and just to try she brought him into the room and the force was strong with this one and he melted my heart right away. I know it is going to take some adjusting to having a male but he does appera to be smart and will almost listen to a few commands.............:doh:Like I said Allmost...........:clap:

004.JPG

• Like 10
10 minutes ago, Omega said:

Looks like a heeler/beagle mix, he will be a great dog I bet.

Yea she told me he was a mix but they didn't know with what but I did soon as I saw him and I am guessing your right Omega. I have seen to me heelers to not know that color. I would say he is comfortable but might be viewer decretion...........:doh:

N9oM80xb.jpg

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Yea she told me he was a mix but they didn't know with what but I did soon as I saw him and I am guessing your right Omega. I have seen to me heelers to not know that color. I would say he is comfortable but might be viewer decretion...........:doh:

N9oM80xb.jpg

Happy dog for sure, and a lucky one to have an owner who will care for him for the rest of his life.

4 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

Congrats Bersa!  Did they chip him?  I always worry about Beagle's (even partial) running off for something they smell.  

Yea he is chipped and I have the code ring and number to call if he goes missing and turns up someplace other than here. He is a handful for sure but I think a lot of that is because he's in a new place and surrounded by so many new things to investigate. He loves to ride which is a plus cause he will be going most places I go. He was up romping a few minutes ago and now is crashed again.  I did learn I need to watchi him around waste baskets. He got 2 of them turned over  right quick and got a firm scolding for that and by the way he sat down and reacted my guess is he has been whipped which I won't ever do and I think scolding is more that enough just by the way he reacted. 

I have a very tall bed that I elevated so Kasey could get her fat butt under it and Obie Wan showed me right quick it was not to high for him to make the leap and was stretched out like this is my side Pops and I told him right fast as I picked him up off the bed and carried him to his bed and showed him that he has his own bed. I'm guessing it's not gonna work but have to try. I do keep my storm door locked now cause my friends just knock and walk in so until all of them know he is here they will have to have me unlock the door. Tomorrow we begin long leash training so he can begin learning where he is allowed to go and where he is not allowed to go. He does have his moments of being stubborn but then most Beagles are like that. I call it selective hearing............:clap:

15 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Congratulations Bersaguy. Fine looking dog. I'm sure you and him will be inseparable soon.

He thinks it is that way already. He wants to be every where I go but then tries to sneak away thinking I am not watching and get in mischef but I follow him and catch him and if it's bad I scold him and if not when I leave the room he follows. 

I'm still trying to figure out how bedtime is going to work. I have thought about bringing him in bedroom and closing the door but then he thinks he is sleeping in my bed and if I leave the door open he has the run of the house because his bed is in the living room corner. I think that might be my best option and just empty all the waste baskets before bed and that will eliminate those targets anyway. I have found a toy noise maker from one of Kaseys old pet toys and now when he is not where I can see him I squeeze it and he comes running and grabs one of his toys. I think it might change when the lights go out also. The lady told me that there is no lights on at night in the kennels so maybe he will go night night when the lights go out....................One can only hope............:clap:

Still trying to figure out how bedtime is going to work, eh?

Here's how it's going to work. You'll close the door, only to get a pitiful low howl that only a beagle can make. You'll open the door. He'll rush to the bed and curl up far away at the foot. He will sleep there every night for the next 18 years. 

Dogs are the best foot warmers in the world. Just get used to it! 

Check out my avatar to see my personal foot warmer.

Edited by jgradyc
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, jgradyc said:

Still trying to figure out how bedtime is going to work, eh?

Here's how it's going to work. You'll close the door, only to get a pitiful low howl that only a beagle can make. You'll open the door. He'll rush to the bed and curl up far away at the foot. He will sleep there every night for the next 18 years. 

Dogs are the best foot warmers in the world. Just get used to it! 

So you think the dog has the upper hand huh??? Well I got news for you!!!!! Your proably 100% correct but I won't bother closing the door just to have to get out of it 5 minutes later........:doh:

18 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

If you need a kennel, let me know. I can’t get it to you until next week, but may be best to start him in a kennel ASAP.

I have never had a dog in a kennel in the house. I have know folks that did but I just never have. I'm hoping that once all the lights go out he will get the hint and go to bed. If you think I might need one it might be nice to have one at least till she matures more or just adjusts to the new home. I will probably know more in next couple days with him.

40 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

If you decide you want to try it, just let me know.

Next few days will tell me Hozzie. I might have to take you up on the offer if he shows no signs of slowing down once he has had time to adjust to his new surroundings and the do's and do nots. He loves the Rip Run outside and runs all over the yard and I am not sure if he is actaully peeing or just hiking his leg and pretending but if he is peeing his whole body has to be bladder cause he has marked the yard, buildings and trees dozen times...................:cheers:

Both of my girls are crate trained. Bandit hasn't been inside of one unless she was stealing a toy in years. Brigand goes into the crate when I leave for work until my wife gets home a couple hours later. Monday through Friday, maybe ten hours a week. When it is time to leave, I take my vitamins, Bongo gets his treats, Bandit gets her allergy medicine in a pill pocket and Brigand walks into the crate and waits for her treat.

As soon as she can be left out of the crate and NOT eat books she won't go in it anymore. But at only a year old, we aren't there yet. Bandit was nearly two before she stopped eating things.