The Force was strong with this one!!!

bersaguy

2 hours ago, jgradyc said:

Still trying to figure out how bedtime is going to work, eh?

Here's how it's going to work. You'll close the door, only to get a pitiful low howl that only a beagle can make. You'll open the door. He'll rush to the bed and curl up far away at the foot. He will sleep there every night for the next 18 years. 

Dogs are the best foot warmers in the world. Just get used to it! 

Check out my avatar to see my personal foot warmer.

And just what part of foot of the bed you think he might be missing on this issue..............:doh:.

iHOIMg9.jpgJ787aMU.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So you all think I'm the one in training huh!!! Well if last night is any indication ya'll maybe correct!!! I was correct about 1 thing. Lights out it's time to go to bed and sleep. Obie Wan was on his bed sound asleep and I thought, this is going to work. I go and get in my bed and just about get to sleep when the Obie Wan lands right in the middle of the bed, pulls up beside me and lays down. I pick him up and head for his bed and put him down and tell him this is your bed. Almost back to sleep and the JEDI Knight is in the bed once a again. Back to his bed again and it was 4 trips until I gave up and he slept in my bed on his side. I don't know when he went and got the toys but woke me up at 6 AM playing with his toys on my bed jumping around and sqeaking them. Tonight the toys will be locked up in a box before bed. Gotta start someplace so no toys at bedtime is a beginning, right?

He has an unusual eating habit also. I put his cup and a half of food in a plastic bowl beside his glass bowl of water and he proceeds to paw at the edge of the bowl till he dumps the food all over the floor and then eats what he wants and leaves the rest.  I cleaned up all he left and added a little more and put it in an old cast iron skillet I have not used in probably 15 years but was still seasoned well and he spent about 5 minutes trying to tip it over, gave up, ate a little more food and  move on to the toys again.

Right now I am enjoyng a cup of coffee while to Star Wars Jedi is out fighting bad gus on the zip cable. He has realized he has neighbors that live in a fence pen and is howling at them.

Right now I am thanking the weather GODs for nice weather so he can have a ton of fun on the cable and wear out some of his energy before coming back in the house. I just wonder what is in store for today? He does have a throat about like and Arkansas Coon hound when he cuts loose so no mistaken his bark..........LOL

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Want ya'll to meet Obie Wan. The lady at the Rescue Center ran out of females like I was looking for after bringing 5 to visiting room and just to try she brought him into the room and the force was strong with this one and he melted my heart right away. I know it is going to take some adjusting to having a male but he does appera to be smart and will almost listen to a few commands.............:doh:Like I said Allmost...........:clap:

004.JPG

I have generally come to prefer the temperament of female dogs, as well, but that is a face that would be hard to resist.  It looks like he is thinking, "Okay, boss - what trouble do we get into, now?"

Congratulations on the new friend.  I have never met you in person and never got to meet Kasey but based on all the things you have told us about her in the past and the relationship you already seem to be forming I have a feeling that she would approve.

Edited by JAB
3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

and it was 4 trips until I gave up and he slept in my bed on his side. I don't know when he went and got the toys but woke me up at 6 AM playing with his toys on my bed jumping around and sqeaking them. Tonight the toys will be locked up in a box before bed. Gotta start someplace so no toys at bedtime is a beginning, right?

If it's something you really want, never, EVER let the dog win.  You have a smart and potentially stubborn breed. You can't let him get his way if you ever expect to get yours.  If he won't cooperate, try bribing him with treats or exercise him until he's too tired to resist. 

As for the toys...  I suspect you'd rather he was chewing on those than something else. I'd reward him for choosing the toys. It'll take some time to your sleep schedules aligned.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peejman said:

If it's something you really want, never, EVER let the dog win.  You have a smart and potentially stubborn breed. You can't let him get his way if you ever expect to get yours.  If he won't cooperate, try bribing him with treats or exercise him until he's too tired to resist. 

As for the toys...  I suspect you'd rather he was chewing on those than something else. I'd reward him for choosing the toys. It'll take some time to your sleep schedules aligned.  

How many folks here believe in Karma. Well for those of you that have doubt when you look at ObieWan your looking at some of the best out there..........:doh:I had this voice in the back of my mine saying don't pull the trigger on this one. Don't do it!!!

Then I got a new voice in back of my head saying go for it and have fun and have a new companion. In all honesty I truely believe that second one was Kasey wanting to teach me a lesson....:wall:  Thing is she also knows I am not a quitter and she may have known that someone else may have got him that would have mistreated him because of his stubborness and bull headedness. Either way I have him and I will have him for as long as either one of us is alive. He won't stay young for ever as nothing does so we will see what the future brings for us both.........:clap:

• Like 2
13 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I'm looking for an older female that needs me as much as I need her. 

Before the jokesters jump in here, yes we're still talking about dogs  :D

Thats what I was looking for and I should have waiting before pulling the trigger on this one. I have a small female mix on my list that is 7-8 years old and about the size of this one I could have went and checked out that is living in a foster home. I think I should have made the visit before making a decision.