Knife Info

So I got to cleaning up in my shed and came across several multi-tools and a couple knives I wanted to sell, but I have a question on auto knives and mailing them.  I had to go through a dealer to get my Benchmade serviced because they won't ship straight to a customer even though it is legal to own here in TN.  So the question is, is it legal to ship auto knives withing TN?

Also, anyone know anything about what this one would be worth?  The links I found list them at over $200 for used but then an other at less than $100 new though there seems to be a difference between an older knife vs a newer made one for some reason.  On the blade it has Duane Dieter Masters of Defense Spec Ops Trainer 154 cm  It is brand new, never used so what I call new old-stock, which if I read it right should be one of the expensive ones.

5a1ed41725a83_CQDMarkI.jpg.6f7ea882fa411935f608e2341980aff5.jpg

4 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I have had auto knives shipped to me by two out-of-state dealers and directly from Protech. Benchmade just has too much starch in their underwear.

I have had a Protech shipped directly to me as well. 

Microtech used to be notorious for being hard to deal with servicing autos.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, Omega said:

I kind of figured that; I wonder why Benchmade won't mail directly to customers?

I don't understand their reasoning for this, but it has prevented me from purchasing Benchmade knives for several years.  Protech and other brands do not have any problem shipping to TN.

I think some of them have as hard a time keeping up with state knife laws as some do with gun laws. I have ordered several auto knives from Blade HQ without a hitch. Last time I had a coupon code from Optics Planet that would have saved me $20. A couple of days after placing the order I still hadn’t received an order confirmation so I contacted CS. They gave me some nonsense about they sent me an email with a link in it that I needed to answer about auto-knifes. It pizzed me off because I never received the email, so I just cancelled the order.

I figured I would check out knife center because they were closer. They had a statement when I tried to order where you had to pick if you were a LEO, Federal employee or some other nonsense. None of the choices were just for a citizen that lives in a state where they are legal. So I’ve just stuck with Blade HQ, I don’t guess four days is too bad.

But you would think MFG’s would know the various state laws.

• 4 weeks later...

Benchmade only ships auto knives to law-enforcement and military.  They ask for some form of identification to my knowledge .

That being said you can buy them online at numerous websites. 

Edited by sybo
  • 2 weeks later...