New Job,New dress attire, new knife needed

I had a little EDC pocket organizer from this guy, held my pen, flashlight, and knife with no damage to dress pants pockets.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BushgearLeatherworks

Congrats on the new gig BTW! I will point out that now that you work a desk job, I encourage you to concentrate less on what you can't carry in your fancy new pants, and instead concentrate on what you can fit into your new briefcase! :dirty:

main-qimg-4cf5aff44cc8899555fccac92305d2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, 2.ooohhh said:

I had a little EDC pocket organizer from this guy, held my pen, flashlight, and knife with no damage to dress pants pockets.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BushgearLeatherworks

Congrats on the new gig BTW! I will point out that now that you work a desk job, I encourage you to concentrate less on what you can't carry in your fancy new pants, and instead concentrate on what you can fit into your new briefcase! :dirty:

main-qimg-4cf5aff44cc8899555fccac92305d2

haha, I agree this needs to be the new accessory of choice

• Like 1

Let me toss a weird one in here. Not an auto. I have one of its big brothers. Light, nice design, good materials. Willis sells these. Several options available, including Emerson wave

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SG06030008/southern-grind-spider-monkey-folding-knife-satin-drop-point-blade-carbon-fiber-handles

image.thumb.png.3579f76718930001634687de13999ecc.png

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

I've actually considered that idea.  I find now that I carry a lot of things like my cell phone, an ink pen etc in my coat pocket vs pants pocket.  This could be very viable option

The cut of most suits now is so trim that having much of anything in your pants pockets results in fairly absurd looking bulges unless you're a pretty big guy in the first place. I'm not a big fan of that style, but that seems to be the "in" thing these days.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, peejman said:

The cut of most suits now is so trim that having much of anything in your pants pockets results in fairly absurd looking bulges unless you're a pretty big guy in the first place. I'm not a big fan of that style, but that seems to be the "in" thing these days.  

For sure. I do like a tailor style suit but I avoid the "nut hugger 2 sizes too small" look. I also hate the high water dress pants look. I shouldn't see your socks unless your sitting down 

• Like 2
On 12/5/2017 at 10:14 AM, leroy said:

Here is my recommendation Brother... I'd almost bet willis can beat this price... I've got one of these little beasties... It's great...

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/pt-automatics/pro-tech-2307-pt-auto-black-handle-with-super-grip-knurl-black-blade-plain-edge/

Good luck in the new job... Go forth and do good...

leroy

I agree Leroy, I just sold him one of these

• Like 3

So to chime in again. I like a lot of the knives mentioned, but does anyone carry a 1/2  serrated model? And does anyone carry a model that is not above about $75? My new gig is more lucrative overall, but leaves me with less mad money to play with. You know the kind the wife does not see.....

I have been carrying a Gerber Bear Grylls folder that is 1/2 serrated for a while. Not a bad knife for knock around at I think $20 to $30. The only issue is that after a couple years I can't get it to keep an edge now. I also am wearing the rubber handle covering off. 

16 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

So to chime in again. I like a lot of the knives mentioned, but does anyone carry a 1/2  serrated model? And does anyone carry a model that is not above about $75? My new gig is more lucrative overall, but leaves me with less mad money to play with. You know the kind the wife does not see.....

I have been carrying a Gerber Bear Grylls folder that is 1/2 serrated for a while. Not a bad knife for knock around at I think $20 to $30. The only issue is that after a couple years I can't get it to keep an edge now. I also am wearing the rubber handle covering off. 

I got one of these as a gift a few years back and it may fit your bill. 

Ken onion Scallion Serrated on amazon

25 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

My preference overall, and has been for a long time, is non-serrated knives for my edc.  I can't remember a time where I needed serrations and didn't have it.  

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

I'll echo and say that I prefer non-serrated as well in every circumstance but one - and for EDC, plain edge just fits the bill. Under $75, I'd go Spyderco Endura, or Delica, Resilience or Tenacious.  Those last two ought to be $40ish on the street

4 hours ago, 2.ooohhh said:

I got one of these as a gift a few years back and it may fit your bill. 

Ken onion Scallion Serrated on amazon

Folks, please be careful buying knives on Amazon, throughly check out the store that you buy from as a professional knife sharpener I have seen at least 5 knives sold from Amazon that were fake, I have let several companies know about this they all say if a price is too good to be true, it is because they are fakes 

it is always best to buy from a dealer like myself who will have your back and NEVER sell something That is not the real deal 

Edited by willis68
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Personally I do not like serrations, none of my knives are serrated and I own a ton, if a knife is properly sharpened it will cut without issue, I have never needed serrations that tear but your experience and wants may differ from mine 

• Like 1
On 12/5/2017 at 10:14 AM, leroy said:

Here is my recommendation Brother... I'd almost bet willis can beat this price... I've got one of these little beasties... It's great...

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/pt-automatics/pro-tech-2307-pt-auto-black-handle-with-super-grip-knurl-black-blade-plain-edge/

Good luck in the new job... Go forth and do good...

leroy

Leroy I've always considered you wise, so I took your advice and have one of these on the way :D Thanks to @willis68 for a good deal 

Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 2
  • Admin Team
12 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I always carry snootier knives. But those are two of my all time favorites.

I’ve got a Damascus Delica that I went full custom on.  Add in some Micarta scales and a titanium deep carry clip and all the sudden you’re in expensive knife category. 

Those two are gateways into nice knives. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, willis68 said:

Folks, please be careful buying knives on Amazon, throughly check out the store that you buy from as a professional knife sharpener I have seen at least 5 knives sold from Amazon that were fake, I have let several companies know about this they all say if a price is too good to be true, it is because they are fakes 

it is always best to buy from a dealer like myself who will have your back and NEVER sell something That is not the real deal 

Excellent advice as usual willis! I only posted that link as it was the first search result in my results, I have no clue where my coworker procured it but it's been a good little knife to add to my mix despite that I also generally prefer no serrations in my daily carry. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I’ve got a Damascus Delica that I went full custom on.  Add in some Micarta scales and a titanium deep carry clip and all the sudden you’re in expensive knife category. 

Those two are gateways into nice knives. 

I have both with brown handles and flat grinds. Been carrying a Hinderer or ZT knockoffs.

Edited by mikegideon