Buying two guns at the same time question.

FortKnox

Ok, yesterday I was at Rural King picking up the two handguns I ordered from them online. After taking to long finding it and having the numbers wrong, I had to wait forever because, as they told me, whenever someone buys two or more guns at the same time they must enter the name to the Sheriff's department database. Or something like that.

This is the first I've heard of that but, this is only the second time I've gotten two guns at the same time. This happen to anyone else?

By the way, while Rural King has some great deals on guns, the gun buying process is more of a pain then from a regular gun store minus filling out the background check on the computer.

When you purchase two or more handguns within a period of 5 business days the dealer must fill out a "Multiple Purchase" form and fax it to BATFE within 24 hours. The dealer also has to send a copy to the chief law enforcement in your city or county.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Never heard this and I have picked up enough  at a time that they had to use as second form. These were transfers. 

No need for customer to even know, all handled by the FFL, no input from customer necessary at all.

Been that way since original GCA of 1968.

And as KahrMan says, no reason for FFL to have you wait for him to do it.

There is a relatively recent requirement in the four southern border states only to do additional form for multiples of certain type rifles also.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot