My cat(s)

20 hours ago, bersaguy said:

+1 Yotes may run in packs but Bobcats are normally loners and Yotes won't stay where Bob cat have marked their territory......Can't compete for food against the cats

I didn't realize this was the case but sounds reasonable.  I have crazy amounts of turkey so there's, if they eat them, so I don't think food is an issue.  I'd rather have cats than dogs though either way.

13 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Here is my cat from back around Thanksgiving. I had two around a couple of years ago but I moved my trail cam and I don't think I'm looking at their normal path any more.

Bobcat_1116-sm.jpg

Bobcat_1117-sm.jpg

very cool!  That camera is putting out some good image for night!

34 minutes ago, MemHeli said:

I didn't realize this was the case but sounds reasonable.  I have crazy amounts of turkey so there's, if they eat them, so I don't think food is an issue.  I'd rather have cats than dogs though either way.

I have several friends that own mini farms and huge farms and both have Bobcats in their timber areas and the cats do hunt the fence rows at night as they put up trail cams to see what the deer are doing before the season opens. They did have a few Coyotes at one time but they all have said that they have not seen any on trail cams in years since the cats showed up. On guy sent me a picture of a female B Cat and three babies drinking water out of one of the farm ponds so they are reproducing on his farm in Cheatham county. He also said he would rather have the cats then Yotes. As far as Turkeys go Cats will kill a Turkey for food. Unlike a Coyote the Bobcat is an excellent climber and will take a Turkey out of a tree at night while they are roosting.