Netflix series

gregintenn

Starz has 2 that are stand outs, Black Sales (if not for the homosexual twist) with great sea battles. The other being Outlander. In Outlander the 1740's period flintlocks and swords were spot on period, the acting was stellar with a bad guy that made you want to grab him by the neck threw the flat screen. I think the wife and I watch the first 4 episodes straight threw. Defiantly one of the most addictive Si Fi / Historical flicks we'v seen altho the current episodes have mellowed considerably.  

Just finished the final season of Longmire.  I was pretty happy with the way they wrapped everything up.  Somebody, forget who, mentioned to go back and watch the first episode after the watching the series finally.  It was cool to see how they finished the series with a lot of the same themes, phrases and imagery that they started the series with.

Im starting the last season  of LongMire tonight! Thanks for the report above...

PUNISHER im on episode 8 for 2.ooooh and honestly its targeting to lose me , first few episodes were better. , ill finish it and report back in a week , only about 5 episodes left, as far as the continuing thing, im sure it will get wrapped up somehow back in the movies with the comic book movies 

Since I've expressed my negative opinion of Longmire, I'll restore balance by saying something positive about another Netflix series:  Peaky Blinders.  It's a gangster series that begins in Birmingham, England, right after World War I (each season moves forward another year or two in time).  Outstanding.  I just finished season 4, which was release on Dec. 21.  Lots of period-correct firearms, used abundantly.

Enjoy,
Whisper

• Like 1

I'm halfway through season 4 in Longmire and just finished book 5 of the 11 book Longmire series. I enjoy the series, but the audiobooks are better. The characters are fleshed out better and the endings are less formulaic. If you set up an online library account, you can download the first several audiobooks free. They're about 8 hours long. I download them to my phone and listen while driving, working out, or doing errands around the house.