Beretta M9A3 "Flagship" no longer allowed to be made in Tn!

akdude1

Seems from what is said that Beretta Italy wont allow to have their "Flagship Pistol" the M9A3 to be made in Tn. due to these "Hillbillies" cant make a Quality pistol!  Seems the Gallatin Quality Control does not know the meaning of "Quality" and Beretta has to repair/refinish too many M9A3's!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/New-Beretta-M9A3-s-being-made-in-Italy-and-not-America-as-in-past-Pictures-/15-179859/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Edited by akdude1

If I’m not mistaken the gun in that thread was made in Italy, not MD or TN. They all will have ACKK.MD stamped on them because that is the importer, but I don’t think the ones made in MD are marked “Made in Italy”.

You should never paint a gun…ever, no matter who you are. But I think they may be getting the high number of returns by the military mixed up with the 1911’s.

https://rifleshooter.com/2017/04/cerakotes-big-fail-usmc-returns-cerakote-m45a1s-to-colt/

If Beretta had a quality issue here I’m sure they would fix it; not move production back to Italy. But I could be wrong.

The military is replacing the M9, correct? Wouldn’t that probably be the cause for any change in production?

I meant a guy at a class in October who works for Beretta. He said you'd be surprised to know what makes it out of Beretta. I believe he cuts the feed ramps for the pistols and said one day that he received a barrel with no rifling. This doesn't surprise me too much when you consider what they are paying and that there aren't a lot of machinists in the area.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

I meant a guy at a class in October who works for Beretta. He said you'd be surprised to know what makes it out of Beretta. I believe he cuts the feed ramps for the pistols and said one day that he received a barrel with no rifling. This doesn't surprise me too much when you consider what they are paying and that there aren't a lot of machinists in the area.

That sort of thing happens in all sorts of relatively high volume production operations. It's difficult (and expensive) to eliminate.  

Most of those places don't hire or want machinists, they want machine operators. The processes are typically highly automated so they don't really need a machinist's skills, just someone to load and unload fixtures and push the "go" button. 

• Like 1
That sort of thing happens in all sorts of relatively high volume production operations. It's difficult (and expensive) to eliminate.  
Most of those places don't hire or want machinists, they want machine operators. The processes are typically highly automated so they don't really need a machinist's skills, just someone to load and unload fixtures and push the "go" button. 
Considering how slow this guy was it was shocking.

37 minutes ago, akdude1 said:

They are on sale in many places and  are clearly "Stamped made in Italy"! What else do U need??  Also there is a Rumor in 2018 U can buy a M9A3 in "Black"!  This doe make Tn. look very BAD!

So what is being manufactured in the Gallatin factory? It is obviously still in operation.

More proof that Beretta is not real interested in selling guns. I got this in the mail. Maybe 2 pages of guns/parts, 1.5 pages of  knives, 30 or so pages of clothes.... $50 T-shirts and $300 jackets. They wasted the postage on me.

image_1513303801.jpg

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Admin Team

We see plenty of pistols coming out of there.  

Any place is going to have issues as they scale - but they’ve certainly got some incentives to square them away over time. 

But, either link to a primary source instead of “my buddy says” or I’m  closing this thread.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, gregintenn said:

So what is being manufactured in the Gallatin factory? It is obviously still in operation.

3 hours ago, akdude1 said:

No guns are made there anymore! They will see if they can get "Qualified Employees" and restart production late next yr. or possibly shut down

No guns are currently being made by the Beretta plant in Gallatin. Wow, seems like that would be headline news within the industry.

- OS

• Like 1

The Nov. 30 issue of the Nashville Business Journal had a story about culture shock at the Beretta plant in Gallatin, including some reports of quality control issues.  But it also had photos of guns being made, including Wilson Combat models.

As has been said before, arfcom is hardly an authoritative source.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1

2942st0.jpgI'll chime in...

Whole lot of High Quality Gallatin guns pictured.

One is the Wilson Beretta Centurion Tactical that was just released last month, (read +/- 30 days ago), to much fanfare from Beretta and Wilson Combat enthusiasts.

This m9a3 has seen at least 1,000 rounds, half of them suppressed, and hasn't been to war,  so my paint job is holding up fine. If it doesn't, why should i be surprised? It's a paint job on a gun, which is a silly idea to begin with. It sure looks cool though. The trigger on the m9a3 is awesome, and fit and finish is great.

The other models are the Wilson Beretta Compact Carry, and the Wilson Beretta Brigadier Tactical.

Again, all out of the Gallatin, TN Beretta manufacturing facility.

...edited to add that this Gallatin plant is a $45,000,000 facility that is tooled up to produce, amongst other things, the M9A3. Its not like it's a super complex new design. It's a decade old Vertec thats been painted brown and added a threaded barrel. Maybe there are some paint jobs that aren't holding up because the mix or application isn't quite right. Maybe they are making some in Italy, but to assume they're  just going to remove that model from the Gallatin line seems ridiculous. Also, here's hoping they do make it in black too; I'll be first in line to buy one.

Why all the hate for our, now local, 500 year old gun maker?:bored:

Edited by bud
  • Like 6