Any of you using the Apex FSS and trigger on the M&P M2.0 ?

TGO David

• Administrator

I will say that the trigger on my full size M&P M2.0 9mm is just fine and the one on my M2.0 Compact is even better.  I am thinking about the Apex forward set sear (FSS) and trigger kit for the full-size, though, as it is more of a "range gun" than a carry gun for me.

Are any of you using it on the M2.0 specifically?  Is it worth the money and effort?  I have used it on the M&P Gen1 in the past and wasn't blown away with it, really.

Looking for real world feedback from those who have it on the M2.0 though.

Not me but I will be following this topic. I will say that in the short time I've had my 2.0 compact I'm not inclined to change the trigger its just fine like it is. the only thing I have with a better trigger is my Canik TP9SF Elite and its not that big a difference.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

Not me but I will be following this topic. I will say that in the short time I've had my 2.0 compact I'm not inclined to change the trigger its just fine like it is. the only thing I have with a better trigger is my Canik TP9SF Elite and its not that big a difference.

Yeah that's been my experience with the M2.0 Compact also.

Not the forward set but I did opt for the polymer trigger with the Apex duty kit. My factory trigger was good, but really gritty. The Apex really helped. I never cared for the spongy feel off the hinged m&p trigger no matter how good the Apex improved it.

17 hours ago, Steelharp said:

Had a guy in yesterday with some flat Apex trigger in his? Man, it was unbelievable. About the best non 1911 trigger any of us ever felt. Don't know what the official designation for the trigger was.

I wasn't really interested in the Apex trigger until I read this.

I just put the flat trigger kit in a 2.0 but not for the same reason as most.  I was fine with the stock trigger pull/break but being just a little above average in size ( OK , more than a little )  I wanted the trigger reach to be longer. So I run the flat triggers to get more distance to the trigger from the grip.

I used what the kit calls the "duty,carry springs" and the pull measures 4.5 pounds with a good break.