Only a related note, does anyone know about signs at Dixie Stampede?  If anyone goes after January 1st, please report on if any signs are present and conform to state law.  My boss is taking everyone at work there in February.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Matt lawson said:

I'm a  ca cop and was carrying my service pistol iwb. They didn't catch that but they took my cold steel.

This makes no sense Matt. But Lots of policies make no sense to me.

One of my shooting buddies back in New Orleans was a sworn officer, SD and on their firggin Tac Team. He wasn't allowed to carry a Spyderco Delica into a concert he was taking his wife to...

I just shook my head... 🙄

In all honesty I don't think a lot of these palces really care about your security being the reason they won't let folks that are legal to carry aren't allowed to. I think it's just a power thing saying this is my show and I am telling you NO, you cannot bring your gun in.................JMHO

It is hard to tell how hard they will check.  We went in October  and did not see anyone getting the wand and the bags check was about 5%. The one bag check I saw was they asked the lady if she any food in her bag.  I don't  think they look inside.  So in October  they did not do much  of  anything.  Same with the dixie stampede  they did not check  anyone as far as what  I  saw.   So it must be a hit and miss thing.   

Interesting. You must look suspicious.  :D  

My wife always has her bag checked. Last time the security guy found her folding knife and said, "put that in your pocket and I'll act like I didn't see it."  I've always walked right through, no questions asked. 

• Like 1

The Stampede had cursory bag checks, no metal detectors, and signs that used to be considered legal postings when I went last year.  Dollywood had bag and stroller checks when I last went, but that was 2 years ago.

At either place, a determined person could have brought multiple weapons, even a bomb, with just a little planning.

Topic is pretty well addressed in this post (older topic).

Update for end of 2018 season from a local that goes to Dollywood several times a year (have a year pass).

It is POSTED for NO WEAPONS.

They check bags at gate after you have a ticket, saw no wands.  One time they asked if had pocket knife, o see pocket knife, showed them and it was OK (about a 3 inch blade).

As far as food, we have never been stopped for that, but only take a couple cereal bars or an apple in pocket (not a big bag of food).  We don't buy any food there either, wait until get out in the real world.