Dead Zero 3-Gun?

Anybody know more about this place?  It's not TOO far from me and I'm curious.

Who is their Match Director for the 3-gun matches?  Bay style or natural terrain?  How many stages, and what's the longest rifle shot?  What rule set?  Heavy Metal friendly?

05194cc41c35c194528107a335a8889ed2ccf8-w

Edited by Matt in TN
  • Haha 1

I haven't shot 3Gun in a while but I still keep up with some of it.  Raleigh Prince is the MD and is local to me.  He has posted some of these things to our local Facebook group. He's been running the club matches over at Cleveland for the past couple years. 

It will be a mix of bay and natural terrain and a jungle run. 

I believe I read 5 stages on a post... Max distance is 500yds. 

I think it is similar to the UML rules. 

Heavy division is offered.

Hope this helps.

I don't know about the 3-gun match, but I did stop by the range they were still under construction and were friendly. I wasn't able to shoot any 5 stand because of range construction, but to be fair they weren't officially open yet. Take a look at the web site https://www.deadzeroshooting.com/. 

Wish I had more to offer but if they aren't far away go see them!

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I were up that way yesterday and we stopped by Dead Zero Shooting Park.  I am mainly a clay target shooter but my wife and I do enjoy pistol shooting.  They are still building facilities and their 1,000 yard rifle range is not ready yet but it is the whole facility is quite impressive.  You do not have to shoot paper targets in their pistol bays as they have reaction targets also.  They have skeet/trap overlay ranges, wobble trap, 5-stand, two sporting clays courses, pistol bays (15-, 25- and 50-yards), 3D archery and a 1,000-yard rifle range.  Everything is new with clubhouse with a pro-shop, a classroom, a covered pavillion, etc.  

I live up off Highway 111 about 30 miles from Dead Zero and am seriously considering becoming a member.

Don't know about 3-gun but.... I was told yesterday that Dan Cignarale will be their match director for IDPA. Dan is a master class shooter and has shot for some time now in Cleveland. He knows his stuff and is a great guy. If Dan is any indication as to the kind of folks they are putting in leadership spots at Dead Zero, it would be well worth your time to try them out. I plan to when I can and it's a 90 min drive for me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They originally planned to build a range in North Hamilton Co. but a bunch of Gen Xers that had “moved to the country” raised enough fuss that the county commission denied their permit so they found land further north. They are going all out in offering shooting sports. USPSA,Steel Challenge, IDPA,3Gun and all the various shotgun games. I haven’t shot a match in 10 years but I plan to go up there and try out Steel Challenge if I get time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, et45 said:

They originally planned to build a range in North Hamilton Co. but a bunch of Gen Xers that had “moved to the country” raised enough fuss that the county commission denied their permit so they found land further north. They are going all out in offering shooting sports. USPSA,Steel Challenge, IDPA,3Gun and all the various shotgun games. I haven’t shot a match in 10 years but I plan to go up there and try out Steel Challenge if I get time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A list of these x-halfwits' names and the businesses they are affiliated with would be nice, so I and the rest of the folks on here have the option to associate with or trade with such.

Was there any actual, tangible reasoning behind their actions, or just a matter of being the squeaky enough wheel?

Oh, and a list of the commisioners and the way they voted would be nice too.

SWC a/k/a KI7CIL

I attended their first 3-gun match Saturday.   Raleigh Prince is the match director.  5 stages, with a mix of bay and natural terrain.  Scoring was Time Plus Penalties and done on Practiscore.  Rule Set was a modified IMG I think (similar to Manchester).  Most difficult rifle target was a 12" steel plate at 410yds.  They had plenty of brand-spanking new targetry, mostly from Red Stitch Targets.  Scores were posted the day after the match.

It was a good match at what is shaping up to be a great facility.  My only complaint was all the soupy mud and road conditions, but that is to be expected with all the new construction and the first thaw after all the cold/snow/frozen crap we've had lately.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this place continues to build on the huge amount they've already accomplished in a relatively short time.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...