Emergency Prepardness - Writing down my ideas

Ronald_55

Everyone,

After talking a bunch of time and thought I have decided to start a site devoted to Emergency Preparedness where I can lay out my method of planning I have been working on.  I call it "leveled survival". Sort of think DEFCON levels. The site is not another  "prepper" site, nor is it aimed at hardcore survivalists. It will include guns, but not center on them.

I wanted to put together ideas that help people who know they want to prepare, but are intimidated by all the SHTF, B.O.B, TEOTWAWKI, and E.D.C. talk. I hope to explain some of that in terms that the single mom 2 doors down can digest. The levels refer to both levels of the disaster and the levels of financial commitment people can make. I try to suggest ways to fit this into your budget without being the "dollar store survivalist" type of talk. 

To be honest some of this is selfish. I would rather help these people learn to plan now than either fight them off as a mob or watch them die around me if the worst happens. It would be better to have people that learn the mindset and prepare beforehand. Then they become potential trade partners, group members, or community contributors. They can help themselves whether it be a 100 year blizzard, flood, or full blown reset to the 1800s. 

Here is my site: http://Leveledsurvival.com

What I am asking from you guys in some feedback. It can be about any part of it. It is a work in progress. So please take a look and share your thoughts either in a reply or via PM. 

Thanks.

Ronald

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 1

Liked the layout. I think a training section would be good. Would help to steer people to good medical classes, best bang for the buck (sub 300 dollar classes), or practical training. It doesn't have to all be about firearms related either. Taking a class on HAM radios, CPR class, or fitness class could prove to be beneficial. You could also add drills for people to practice and also try to integrate their preps, skills, and training to see their level of preparedness. The EDC needs to include medical. Doesn't have to be an ambulance but a tourniquet is a minimum. You're headed in the right direction. You might also consider adding some guest contributors or some subject matter experts. Good luck and keep us up to date on the progress!

Edit: maybe you'll cover this in the review section but who knows. Just thought it was important enough to mention.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I haven't clicked the link yet. I wanted to lead off with that.

But I did want to ask if you are a member of the Zombie Squad? It sounds cliche, but if you are there, you know it isn't. It could help you quite a bit in what you want, as the members there are well versed in heirloom farming and living off the grid as well as a million other things. Many of their members run courses and clinics. They have been published in mainstream prepping magazines and they have national level training classes. 

If you aren't a member, check them out. They are also a 503c that has actively participated in helping for most natural disasters of the last several years.

The biggest focus there is preparing for the worst, in a legal fashion. If you are prepared for the ZPAW (zombie post apocalyptic world) dealing with a short term disaster like a flood or hurricane is nothing, right? Even the CDC and movie production companies have consulted with them.

Disclaimer: I am a member there, and have been for a long while, but I am more of a lurker than a poster. There are a lot of tin foil/space shuttle door gunner types there that think their opinion is law/fact, but once you wade past that, there is A LOT of useful information.

9 hours ago, shotgunshooter said:

Liked the layout. I think a training section would be good. Would help to steer people to good medical classes, best bang for the buck (sub 300 dollar classes), or practical training. It doesn't have to all be about firearms related either. Taking a class on HAM radios, CPR class, or fitness class could prove to be beneficial. You could also add drills for people to practice and also try to integrate their preps, skills, and training to see their level of preparedness. The EDC needs to include medical. Doesn't have to be an ambulance but a tourniquet is a minimum. You're headed in the right direction. You might also consider adding some guest contributors or some subject matter experts. Good luck and keep us up to date on the progress!

Edit: maybe you'll cover this in the review section but who knows. Just thought it was important enough to mention.

Thanks. It is a work in progress. I know I have a lot more to add. Time has been a factor. I thought my new job would leave me some more free, but that has gotten filled up twice over with some other stuff.

I do need to add some medical to E.D.C, I was just trying to keep it pocket stuff in that article. I am working on a larger section. More of a E.D.C. bag idea. Most oeople dont keep a fak in their cargo pocket like I do. 

I have looked at lots of other sites, but am not really connected with people there to ask for contributions. I am about to start "advertising" the site around though. So I may drum up some there. 

So what did you mean to coverr in Reviews?

Edited by Ronald_55
8 hours ago, Murgatroy said:

I haven't clicked the link yet. I wanted to lead off with that.

But I did want to ask if you are a member of the Zombie Squad? It sounds cliche, but if you are there, you know it isn't. It could help you quite a bit in what you want, as the members there are well versed in heirloom farming and living off the grid as well as a million other things. Many of their members run courses and clinics. They have been published in mainstream prepping magazines and they have national level training classes. 

If you aren't a member, check them out. They are also a 503c that has actively participated in helping for most natural disasters of the last several years.

The biggest focus there is preparing for the worst, in a legal fashion. If you are prepared for the ZPAW (zombie post apocalyptic world) dealing with a short term disaster like a flood or hurricane is nothing, right? Even the CDC and movie production companies have consulted with them.

Disclaimer: I am a member there, and have been for a long while, but I am more of a lurker than a poster. There are a lot of tin foil/space shuttle door gunner types there that think their opinion is law/fact, but once you wade past that, there is A LOT of useful information.

Thanks. I think I have looked around there some. I need to go back. I really wanted to start off with people  planning for more likely (in their eyes) short term events. My levels include the worst, but most people are not going to plan for TWD or Mad Max at first. If they are ready for an extended power outage, massive snowstorm, or crippling floods, at least that is a start.

I do a lot of planning, but I have always remembered the Scout motto to "Be Prepared". I use that daily at work and in my plans. Sadly I am limited somewhat by the lack of like-mindedness my family has. They just think I am paranoid and crazy. Like either is a real bad thing. Lol. 

Take a look around if you don't mind. I am continuing to fill in content and expand the site.i I have a bunch of pdf preparedness guides I need to get posted. They are some of the army and fema publications. Not unique, but good stuff to study.

Thanks. It is a work in progress. I know I have a lot more to add. Time has been a factor. I thought my new job would leave me some more free, but that has gotten filled up twice over with some other stuff.
I do need to add some medical to E.D.C, I was just trying to keep it pocket stuff in that article. I am working on a larger section. More of a E.D.C. bag idea. Most oeople dont keep a fak in their cargo pocket like I do. 
I have looked at lots of other sites, but am not really connected with people there to ask for contributions. I am about to start "advertising" the site around though. So I may drum up some there. 
So what did you mean to coverr in Reviews?

Training. I went back and reread the post. It didn't make sense when you had a review part of the website. Who knows we're it needs to go but I think it could be a separate section.

8 minutes ago, shotgunshooter said:

Training. I went back and reread the post. It didn't make sense when you had a review part of the website. Who knows we're it needs to go but I think it could be a separate section.

Yeah, I could set one up. Not hard to add sections. I will probably have others to add too.

• Like 1

Hope you have a section about keeping in some level of fitness.  People don't need to be athlete level of in shape, but all the preparedness in the world is for naught if you can't carry your bug out bag without keeling over after a few miles.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Hope you have a section about keeping in some level of fitness.  

This should be happening regardless. We're all about 3,000 times more likely to die of heart disease than any sort of TEOTWAWKI event. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Hope you have a section about keeping in some level of fitness.  People don't need to be athlete level of in shape, but all the preparedness in the world is for naught if you can't carry your bug out bag without keeling over after a few miles.

I am a shape. Round. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, n0rlf said:

I am a shape. Round. 

I'm round in the middle too, but putting one foot in front of the other for a mile or four with 20-30lbs of survival kit should be on the checklist for anyone.

Edited by btq96r
Thought yes...decided I want my ugly mug on video...not yet...
Plus it takes a lot to get noticed over all the other channels. Right now I am just fighting to get my site seen at all.
You might want to start a Facebook page and a linked group to help get your message out. Not sure if you do Facebook but I'm in a few groups which I have found to be much better places than 95% of forums. I think that would definitely help get your numbers up on the site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...